Basic Trope: A character loves natural surroundings.
- Straight: Arthur gets a house at the edge of the city, where there are trees and fields, goes out into the countryside in his spare time, and for lunch always goes into the park.
- Exaggerated: Arthur lives in the forest and never comes out; he once was in the city and felt ill after an hour of seeing no plants.
- Downplayed: Arthur sometimes walks in the park during lunch.
- Justified: Some of Arthur's best memories take place outdoors, so he spends time there whenever he can.
- Inverted: Arthur lives in the city and goes out of his way to avoid the park and anywhere else with growing plants.
- Subverted: Arthur lives in the suburbs and explains later he can't afford to live in closer.
- Double Subverted: Arthur laments how he has to live out in the countryside for the expense, but secretly loves it and claims that to avoid being belittled in the office.
- Parodied: Arthur's house resembles a jungle on the inside, complete with stereotypical jungle noises, because he refuses to eliminate any form of nature in his surroundings.
- Zig Zagged: Arthur is revealed to love nature, but then Beatrice is shown to hate it. Oh wait, that was a lie. But she actually was telling the truth, she just dislikes nature. But then Constantine, who was thought to hate nature, is shown to sincerely love it.
- Averted: None of the characters have a preference for natural surroundings.
- Enforced: "We need to show that nature is good, but how?" "I know! Let's make Arthur love nature!"
- Lampshaded: "There's nothing I love more than a nice walk in the forest."
- Invoked: "The MacGuffin's out at the mountain cottage? Ah, well, a chance to hike through the great outdoors."
- Exploited: The Big Bad gives Arthur a job out in the countryside, knowing he will jump at it and leave the city open for him.
- Defied: Arthur's aunt, Beatrice, teaches him to hate nature.
- Discussed: "It looks like Arthur is getting pretty close to those plants.."
- Conversed: "Wow, that Arthur sure loves nature."
- Implied: Arthur's room has some pictures of plants and potted plants. He is also seen getting more closer to plants then the rest of the cast.
- Deconstructed: Nature Is Not Nice, and Arthur gets injured by a naively unconditional love of nature.
- Reconstructed: Arthur is well aware of natural danger, and take appropriate precautions.
Back to Nature Lover