Befitting a Halloween Special, Boo To You Too has a darker, scarier tone than most Pooh fare.
- The opening of the first act does an excellent job at setting up the atmosphere. The music is really creepy, the narrator does an excellent job at selling how ominous Halloween can be, and generally it's a great opening for what's to come.
- In his song, Piglet imagines a group of ghosts attacking his friends. He's able to bravery send them away, but it's still unnerving to see the gang cowering and defenseless against these very real threats.
- Tigger doodles scary faces on Rabbit's pumpkins, and his drawings look like something from a horror novel.
- The ending of the first act has Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, and Eeyore leaving Rabbit's house at dusk as a storm begins to whip up around them. Tigger then begins hyping up the imminent Halloween as the storm intensifies. The atmosphere significantly darkens to accommodate this. Even the Hundred Acre Wood at dusk looks scary here!
- Piglet then tries to flee home, but he's harassed by monstrous trees that come to life Snow White style and roar at him.
- The opening of the second act is no picnic either. Night has finally fallen, and the narrator elaborates what that means: Halloween has finally arrived, and Piglet is now unprotected from the horrors of the night that's finally here. Piglet runs home screaming.
- Tigger's song, while fun, is still a Disney Acid Sequence, and it shows all manner of monstrous oddities and horrors. At the end, Tigger is lording over a monstrous army of horrors that are all sneering at the camera.
- Pooh, Tigger, and Eeyore are eventually scared into a panic by the storm and the scary looking trees in the woods.
- While it's a happy resolution to the night's adventures, the ending takes a slightly ominous note with the creepy music returning briefly.