A subset of the school club. It usually does not have a set subject of interest. Even when it does, it rarely has any activity, so it becomes a place for the main characters to hang out after school. Often, it's started by one of the main characters just so he can have his own club.
- Bludgeoning Angel Dokurochan: Dokuro-chan forms a student club called the "wood glue club". In this club, you watch white wood glue dry and turn transparent. She wants to make it to the nationals. It's implied that she physically tortured a teacher to approve the club — the approval form is signed in blood and wet with tears.
- Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai: The Neighbors Club by Yozora.
- Gintama: Not a school club, but Yorozuya Gin-chan (Odd Jobs Gin).
- Chronicles of the Going Home Club: The Going Home Club by Sakura.
- Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions: The "Far Eastern Magical Nap Society of Summer", a name that Rikka came up with in an attempt to cover the interests of all its members.
- Oreshura: The Maidens' Club by Chiwa and Masuzu.
- Sket Dance: The Sket-dan by Bossun and Himeko.
- Suzumiya Haruhi: The SOS-dan by Haruhi. Kyon at one time lists the requirements for an official club, which they don’t meet, so they call themselves simply a “group”.
- No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular!: Tomoko attempts to start one. The student council rejects her proposal for being too vague in its goal.
- My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU: The Volunteers Club.
- The Amusement Club in Yuru-Yuri.
- The GJ-bu. Member just laze around and no attempt at an objective was raised.
- The School Life Club in School-Live!. They live at school 24/7. Of course this makes sense as the girls are the only people in their school alive during a zombie apocalypse and the 'club' is just there to keep them occupied while they're stranded.
- Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate: The Food Research club.
- The Telepathy Club lampoons the concept in Mob Psycho 100, as they're not only portrayed as mostly lazy slackers despite having a declared goal, but the school cuts their funding and disbands them as an official club when Mob chooses to join the more active Body Improvement Club and leaves them a member short of the official club requirements, with them only getting to stay in the room due to the generosity of the aforementioned Body Improvement Club. Once they actually make an effort to work towards the goal the club was founded for (using telepathy to contact aliens), they eventually succeed.
- The Activity Club in Para Natural is this to characters not in the loop, particularly Suzy. It's called the "Activity Club", for Pete's sake, it's difficult to get more nondescript. However, its members (and the readers) know that its full name is "Paranatural Activity Club"note and takes care of paranatural threats around Mayview, as well as brings up its members as Spectrals.