Of Breakable Things is a Young Adult paranormal novel by A. Lynden Rolland about the fragility of life, love, and perspective.
When Chase dies tragically, Alex embraces her own mortality. What she didn't expect was that shed have to make a choice: forget the years of pain and suffering once and for all, or linger as a spirit and get another chance at life and love.
Alex doesn't hesitate to choose; shed follow Chase anywhere. But the spirit world is nothing like she expected, and Alex finds she's forced to fight for her life once more. For even in a world where secrets are buried much deeper than six feet under, a legacy can continue to haunt youand in a place this dangerous, no one is resting in peace.
This book provides examples of:
- Childhood Friend Romance - Alex and Chase
- Dead to Begin With - The whole book is about the afterlife.
- Death by Origin Story - Funnily enough, Alex, Chase, and his brothers
- I Don't Want to Ruin Our Friendship - The reason Chase never told Alex he loved her during their lifetimes
- Plot-Triggering Death - Alex's. The books is about her experiences in the afterlife.
- Together in Death - When Chase dies, Alex is ready to go. And then the book starts with her dying.