"Nothing is true, nothing is false. Get used to it and get over it. In your defense, no one really knows what that even means. In fact, a focal point in the philosophy of magic is not knowing what the hell you are doing." - The Prologue.
In another world, a man is dragged into a growing civil war by both a group of domestic terrorists and the oppressive regime they wish to overthrow. And then it starts to get complicated.
Invisible Line is a series of novellas which take place in Noan, a planet of magic and mayhem.
- Rebirth (2014)
- Dissent (2015)
- Nemesis (2015)
- Swan Song (201?)
Invisible Line contains examples of:
- Affably Evil: Zenith by all means appears to be a perfectly nice guy who just happens to be allied with the villains.
- Anyone Can Die: In Rebirth alone, both the protagonist and antagonist are dead as of the first chapter. They do get better, though.
- The Chew Toy: There is rarely a scene with Feran where he is not being berated, insulted, tortured, or killed.
- Classical AntiHero: Feran. He really is for all intents and purposes a shmuck pulled into something bigger than himself.
- Dr. Jerk: Oodenvas for the villains and, to a lesser degree, Tier for the heroes, though they are kept around for being really, really good at what they do.
- Weirdness Magnet: Feran, and he is keenly aware of this fact.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Although described as polar opposites, Cy Mazife and General Vesser both use... questionable methods to bend the world to their respective ideals.