- It's small, but the Friendship Moment the Professor and Luke share after musing over their resemblance to a particular bronze statue is absolutely adorable.
- Another small one: there's a point in the game where Don Paolo insists on being the one to accompany Flora, because he wants to prove to her that he's a gentleman. This, along with his actions after she's kidnapped, strongly suggests that he feels bad for how he's treated her in the past and wants to make amends.
- The entire sequence after Flora's abduction. Both Layton and Luke are very clearly worried sick; heck, even Don Paolo is anxious for her! The reunion scene in which she throws herself into a relieved Layton's arms elicited squeals of "Awww!" from more than one player.
- Every single cutscene with Layton and Claire. That there was ever a person who could make him smile and blush like that is just amazing. Not to mention that she's the one who gave him his top hat and made him into the British gentleman we all know and love today. The look on his face after she gives him it is priceless.
- Not only in that scene, but the mix between funny and heartwarming in the extra character profiles that are unlocked after you solve all of the puzzles of the game. If you tap on the picture of the professor as a young man once, he looks like we saw him in all of the flashbacks. But if you tap two times or so, the picture changes to him awkwardly wearing his newly-received top hat, looking quite puzzled, in love, and adorable.
Heartwarming / Professor Layton and the Unwound Future