- Amongst other unnamed heartwarming moments, there is one very heartwarming one coming from Fuyutsuki at the end of the second chapter. Whereas Ritsuko had to make tests to ascertain that she really is the daughter of Shinji and Asuka, he only needed to spend some time with her. And the flashbacks he had certainly made it more heartwarming.Ritsuko: "Well, I still have no idea about the "how" but there is no doubt about it. The girl is the child of the second and third."
Fuyutsuki (smiling faintly): "Really, was there any doubt...?"
- Chapter 4 has Asuka helping Misato come to terms with her pregnancy. It also has visuals summing up chapter 6 of The Second Try, complete with a picture of Aki right after birth.
- And shortly after Asuka gives him the "The Talk" to Aki. Not only it is incredibly cute and tender but also it heightens how much Asuka has grown up and how special is their mother-daughter relationship.
- Aki telling Ririko that she does not need being the best because: "I already like you."
- Rei spent the entire day waiting outside Aki's school because she knows what it's like to be the "weird girl" at school, and wanted to be there to help Aki when it happened.
- Aki dislikes having to wear a uniform to school, so Toji relates a similar experience as a child, where his mother gave him a hat to help make him feel unique. Toji ends up giving the hat to Aki. Hikari is left squeeing over how adorable it is, and has to remind herself that she shouldn't think of her and Toji having kids already... but to encourage going against the dress code...
- The "Sisters" oneshot set about 4 years after the main comic, where Aki has to get up in the middle of the night to take care of her baby sister, ending with the two of them curled up in an arm chair.
Heartwarming / Aki-chan's Life