- Jimushi Juubei smokes a pipe. No one knows how he stuffs and lights it, given that he has no arms...
- Same way he travels while not crawling- he has subordinates doing it for him.
- No, he does it himself with his tongue. This is possible, in a movie I think called Misfits, (it was about a bunch of real life freaks), a man without limbs is able to set up his pipe himself.
- Considering that he managed to kill a man, steal a valuable scroll from a bunch of expert ninjas and outrun (well, outcrawl) them, I guess that he can light a pipe just fine.
- Not sure, but why Okoi did not retain her large lips in the anime?
- It's difficult to animate.
- Can Okoi activate her blood absorption ability at will? Or it works more like Rogue's mutation from X-men, leaving her little room for physical contact with friends and family? True, her brother caressed her hand in her final hour but it may be because she was nearly dead at the time.
- Most likely she does it at will. If it was an unconscious ability it would have activated while the Iga were transporting her and trying her up. Saimon would also know not to touch her if it was going to kill him.
- How did the Kouga get away with the attack on Iga in the anime? Hattori locked them into a treaty 400 years ago after their thousands of years of fighting. And how did both sides get away with the minor killings? You'd think a treaty ensuring peace between the two would cease any kind of murders. Gyoubu's dad or Tenzen's mother.
- The feud has been going on for about 400 years. The pact Hattori Hanzo made them sign was shortly after the Oda attack on Tsubagakure and Danjo and Ogen breaking up. All the other killings mentioned occurred before the pact was signed.
- How do the ninjas get their techniques?
- According to the novel, there is a lot of selective breeding to create ninja with unique powers.
- The part where Hyōma Muroga is blinded. He activates his technique, then Gennosuke uses his technique on him. This somehow results in him getting blinded. Why did it blind him instead of, say, chopping his head off? And why does he stop after blinding himself instead of continuing trying to kill himself? Oboro didn't use her eyes to stop Gennosuke's technique.
- When did this happen? Hyoma was "blind" before the events of the series began and at no point do he and Genoske use their abilities on each other. Muroga's Dojitsu cannot be turned off, thus necessitating his eyes be shut at all times. He may not actually be unable to see. Are you talking about Gennoske's fight with Koshiro?
- I meant Koshiro.
- How Koshiro got blinded even if Oboro was looking at him? I guess that either his wind powers turned on him right before being turned off or that Oboro's powers needs eye contact at least once to fully activate, just like the Dojutsu: Koshiro tried to look away from her before she could use her anti-jutsu efficiently, only to end up staring into Gennosuke's ability and being blinded by his own vacuum.
- According to the characters page and Wikipedia, Tenzen's "parasite" is his twin brother in the manga, but his dead mother in the anime. Where does it state this? Because I've just seen every episode of the anime and it never says that the parasite is his mother.
- For the former, it is stated in a flashback Oboro has before she puts an end to him: Ogen reveals to Oboro Tenzen's powers and tells her that the symbionte which is the source of Tenzen's immortality was, essentially, his brother who ended up merged inside Tenzen's body while they were in uterus. According to Basilik' wiki, in the anime Ogen doesn't reveal this information to Oboro, but neither says that the parasite is Tenzen's mother. So I guess the latter is just a popular fan theory.
Headscratchers / Basilisk