- Rose gets enthusiastic about a ridiculous Cookie-Monster-like coat, only to find it's way over their budget. Blanche says, "They know how to keep dangerous garments off the streets."
- Fish's snark and wit can be entertaining.Fish: How do you say 'bring me sausage and eggs or I'll slit your throat' in Italian?Bear: Look it up in the phrase book.
- Rose is annoyed with Fish, who doesn't (outwardly) return the interest she has in him:I shall have twenty cats and talk to them all... My cats and I shall have fish every day for dinner.
- "Pipe down, Trixie Belden."
- "'Watch out for that one,' Father Francis said, referring to Leon. 'He forgets to make coffee.'"
- Hermes: "Well, you're just a silly baby!" to his new son!
Funny / Fairytale Novels