Check Your Head is a Transformers Animated fanfiction set after the events of Transwarped, with a different ending - Blurr survives almost being compacted, outing Shockwave as the Decepticon spy in the Autobot ranks, and forces the Decepticon into hiding, now a fugitive.
However, when Cybertron Command send Blurr in pursuit two weeks after, they get far more than they bargained for - as Shockwave had enough free rein during his time as Longarm Prime to make a few adjustments to the Autobots he worked with, Blurr included, and one of those adjustments was a Trigger Phrase.
As Blurr continues to pursue the Decepticon across the galaxy, he finds out more about what he's capable of than he ever wanted to know, and the ideals firmly established in his head about what an Autobot and a Decepticon should be start to become unclear.
Because it's not about the goal at the end; the journey involved will make him learn to adapt in new ways in order to survive, and force him to face things - both in himself and others - he didn't necessarily want to see.
Whether he likes it or not.
It can be found for your reading pleasure here.
- Alternate Universe Fic: It's an alternate ending to Transwarped.
- Cliffs Of Insanity: You must run all the way up this cliff to proceed.
- Escape Sequence: Justified, as Blurr doesn't have enough weaponry or armour to successfully take down three fliers without backup and without sustaining heavy damage.
- Motor Mouth: Blurr. What were you expecting?
- Trigger Phrase: What the whole story revolves around.
- Wall Crawl: Or rather, running across a flat plain, aiming for cliffs, and then without stopping or even slowing down go from horizontal to vertical.
- Weak, but Skilled: Blurr takes on three Decepticon jets with nothing but his speed and the lightweight weapons already built into him, and at a disadvantage since it's all flat terrain - and the jets can keep up with him. He wins - or at least gets away alive.