Serenity Shizukesa Sunshine Sanshain Nevaeh Tengoku Amaltheia Kagayaku is just a normal girl on her way to Hopes Peaks Academy, with no remarkable features or talents what so ever, but blacks out before she can go inside. When she wakes up she finds out that she is the new motive for a killing game. Distraught by the thought of such a cruel game, she searches for a way out.
Now, what actually happens is that Monokuma introduces some crazy girl as the new motive, but rather than have other fight over her, she is supposed to annoy them into killing her.
Oh yeah, and it's a Mary Sue.
Written by Ubriaco come una scimmia and available on Fanfiction.net
This Danganronpa fanfiction contains examples of:
- Ambiguous Ending: We never do find out what was under the stage by the end of the story
- Blatant Lies: Serenity's description starts off by saying she has no interesting features whatsoever, the next line is a clear contradiction.
- But for Me, It Was Tuesday: Serenity tunes out most of what doesn't revolve around her, while at one point she tells everyone that they had to plan an elaborate heist she has completely forgotten about it when it was time to act until Naegi and Kirigiri asked her about.
- Cross Dressing: Oogami is believed to be this to Serenity who, ironically, will not believe Fujisaki is a boy.
- Department of Redundancy Department: The whole story is built around this, from the name to how the alternating chapters are set up. Even the girl's name is redundant! The name "Sunshine" is written twice in a row, the first one in English and the second in Japanese, all of which is completely intentional.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: At one point, Serenty's eyes start to literally glow, the then author asks the reader not to question this.
- Parody Sue: Serenity rather obviously so, she is even referred to as one by the characters. Because the whole story is written to poke fun at "mysterious seventeeth student" fanfics.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Kuwata accidentally reveals part of the plan to Serenity while trying to shut her up.
- Overly Long Gag: How many talents she has, in addition to the long list at the beginning, more talents are added whenever convenient.
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: Serenity finds the secret room in the boy's bathroom on the second floor but makes no effort to inform the others of her discovery.