Karin Slaughter, born January 6th 1971, is a crime novelist who was born and raised in Georgia. Her first novel Blindsighted, released in 2001, became an international success and was her first step towards becoming a widely-known writer.
Her books have been translated into 36 different languages and several of those have debuted at #1 in the UK, Netherlands and Germany.
She has two book series separated into the Grant County series and the Will Trent series, the latter of which was adapted to a TV series on ABC in 2023. Eventually, she had the characters of the two series meet in Undone.
- Blindsighted (2001)
- Kisscut (2002)
- A Faint Cold Fear (2003)
- Indelible (2004)
- Faithless (2005)
- Beyond Reach (2007; released as Skin Privilege in the UK)
- Triptych (2006)
- Fractured (2008)
- Martin Misunderstood (2008; audio novella)
- Undone (2009; released as Genesis in the UK and Australia)
- Broken (2010)
- Fallen (2011)
- Thorn In My Side (2011)
- Snatched (2012; e-book novella)
- Criminal (2012)
- Busted (2013)
- Unseen (2013)
- Cop Town (2014)
- Blonde Hair, Blue Eyes (2015)
- Pretty Girls (2015)
- The Kept Woman (2016)
- The Good Daughter (2017)
- Pieces Of Her (2018)
- The Silent Wife (2020)
- Girl, Forgotten (2022)
Her Works Contain The Following Tropes
- Alone with the Psycho: Several of her works have a character end up alone with the villain of the story.
- Author Appeal: The Deep South, gun violence, young girls, rape, young girls getting raped and people getting back together with their exes appear very frequently in her novels.
- Bittersweet Ending: Her novels tend to have this as an ending. The imminent threat is gone, but how well things are going to go now is left to be seen.