In the distant future, Nuclear War and diseases have ravaged the planet once known as Earth. These days, all that's left is a nuclear cesspool the locals have taken to calling "Muck". Muck is ruled over by a tyrannical dictator known as Sokrates. While the locals worship him, he's content to squander their resources on buying mutants and weapons to add to his army.
And then El Marvo wakes up.
He has no memory of why he was put there, but soon he realizes what he needs to do. So, gaining some teenage sidekicks, El Marvo becomes the hero the people of Muck need to save them from Sokrates' reign.
El Marvo contains examples of:
- After the End: The world was reduced to a radioactive cesspool by nuclear war and disease. Now it's known as "Muck".
- Alliterative Name: Go Get 'Em Girl's civilian identity is Madeline Moonshine.
- Badass Longcoat: Knuckle Duster wears one that has a hood.
- Bald of Evil: 8-Ball has no hair on his head, and serves Socrates as second-in-command.
- Big Bad: Sokrates, who rules over all Muck with an iron fist.
- Eyepatch of Power: 8-Ball, Sokrates' second-in-command, has an eye patch covering one of his eyes.
- Grappling Gun: Knuckle Duster uses one to descend an elevator shaft in Issue #1.
- In the Hood: Knuckle Duster wears a black long coat that has a hoodie.
- Masked Luchador: El Marvo, of course.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: No one knows 8-Ball's true name.
- Protagonist Title