- Hassan defiantly pointing his slingshot to Assef when he and his buddies are about to hit Amir. Even Assef's friends cannot help to admire his bravery.
- Baba standing up to the soldier who tries to extort sex from one of the female truck passengers, holding him off long enough for the commanding officer to intervene.
- When Amir stands up for Sohrab in front of his father-in-law, basically telling him to shut up with a twinge of Papa Wolf. It's even better because he bluntly reveals his kinship with Sohrab and Hassan, a thing that even his father couldn't do.
- Sohrab pulling the slingshot on Assef and then hitting him in the eye. In the same eye Hassan threatened to hit all those years ago.
- "What mission is that? Stoning adulterers? Raping children? Flogging women for wearing high heels? Massacring Hazaras? All in the name of Islam?" - as blurted out by a terrified Amir to Assef.
- Amir before, during, and after the final confrontation in general: Here, Amir simultaneously takes several levels in badass and takes a beating from Assef, laughing while he does. He went to a war-torn Afghanistan for the sole purpose of rescuing Sohrab, something which makes Farid immediately respect him, and after, he grows into somewhat of a Papa Wolf and makes it pretty clear that he's going to bring Sohrab to safety no matter what.
Awesome / The Kite Runner