** Even sadder, [[spoiler: Ryo and Yuuki share a friendly hug shortly after this, and unbeknownst to Yuuki, Ryo [[AnguishedDeclarationOfLove starts to cry]], making it very clear that it wasn't a joke at all]].
** Even sadder, [[spoiler: Ryo and Yuuki share a friendly hug shortly after this, and unbeknownst to Yuuki, Ryo [[AnguishedDeclarationOfLove starts to cry]], making it very clear that it
* Miki's father finally finds his wife and son...[[spoiler: only to discover Taro has turned into a demon and in his uncontrollable hunger, has eaten his own mother. His breakdown is gut-wrenching; he tries to put his son out of his misery, but can't. When the army comes in to kill him, he screams and begs them not to kill his son, but both just get gunned down.]]
* Akira tries and fails [[spoiler:to save Miki's parents and younger brother, Taro. He manages to at least recover their bodies and gives them a proper burial.]]
* After returning home from his failed attempt to [[spoiler: save the Makimura's, Akira has to break the news to Miki that her entire family has been killed.]] He cannot even look her in the eyes as he relays the news. Miki wordlessly retreats to her room. Akira, overcome by the tragedy, immediately begins to weep with a loud wail. Miki, alone in her room, is finally hit by her loss when she hears Akira crying. Miki also begins to cry and soon both she and Akira can be heard sobbing as the scene focuses on pictures of the Makimura family.
* After Ryo outs Akira to the world and he escapes the Makimura home in his Devilman form, he witnesses a group of humans tied to posts being stoned by an angry mob. Akira flies down to try and stop the people from being killed and reason with the mob. As the crowd becomes more irate Akira begs them to come to their senses, telling them that the humans tied up are not demons and that neither is he. The people refuse to believe Akira no matter how much he pleads and start throwing what ever they can at him. Akira stretches out his arms to shield the innocent people behind him, asking why they hate and kill each other in an anguished voice. By then Akira is in tears. The mob jeers and mocks him for crying and continue their assault, but Akira refuses to yield. He stands his ground and takes the punishment, still silently weeping.
* The ending. [[spoiler: After their first and final fight, Satan/Ryo [[PyrrhicVillainy realizes too late what his plans have cost him]] as he reminisces on his childhood with Akira and [[PleaseWakeUp begs him]] [[PleaseDontLeaveMe not to leave him]] as [[WhatIsThisFeeling he's finally realized his feelings of love for Akira]] [[YouAreTooLate far too late]]. [[DownerEnding And then the world ends with Satan clinging to his dead friend sobbing as god wipes the slate clean.]]]]
Showing 15 edit(s) of 62