[[caption-width-right:350:Luc on the left, Jean-Pierre on the right.]]
The Dardenne brothers are two Belgian directors acclaimed for their austere style. They are Jean-Pierre Dardenne (born 21 April 1951) and Luc Dardenne (born 10 March 1954).
* BittersweetEnding: They prefer it to the DownerEnding, giving their characters a ray of hope.
* CrapsackWorld: Contemporary Belgium might be hell on Earth according to them.
* CapitalismIsBad: very much so
* HumansAreBastards: They managed to make films without any good characters.
* ParentalAbandonment: Many offsprings are in this or that way left by their parents in the films of the brothers.
* Rosetta (1999)
* Le Fils (2002)
* L'enfant (2005)
* Le silence de Lorna (2008)
* Le gamin au vélo (2011)
* Deux jours, une nuit (2014)
* La fille inconnue (2016)
Showing 15 edit(s) of 19