And just watched Session 4. Sorry for the long-windedness. Lots of thoughts is all.
1) What is with all these creepy porn-stache guys in Frumpton? If they check the sex offender registry would it just say "not here" and circle the Beamish house?
2) Now you've found a way to make a frog go into slow-mo time. We need a laser grid security system puzzle, stat!
3) "Time be time, mon" is actually a Rastafarian saying, apparently (in a phonetic accent). Things happen, time moves on, you can't slow it down or turn it back, just let it flow. Why it's in the middle of this game, I have no idea.
4) Remember, the train set is Gordon's way of staying mentally stable. In a world where his wife is more concerned with her beauty appointments than with the bills, his first daughter is following suit while being a complete selfish airhead, his younger son is a similarly selfish and well-spoiled bratty kid who may be mildly schizophrenic considering the boy keeps seeing the ghost of Gordon's dad, and his youngest daughter is... well, she's young enough she has an excuse, can't say anything there. Point is, his family's driving him crazy, he's the breadwinner, and he needs to keep this whole house of cards from toppling over on itself.
I can understand him wanting to indulge a bit. Maybe a lot. And obsessive attention to detail in the model train hobby might help him deal with all the things he can't keep a solid hold on in his own life.
Countdown to a reenactment of the penultimate act of The Shining in three days.
5) A vampire? Are you serious?
6) Gordon "I'm in debt up to my eyeballs" Freeman Beamish is responsible for that kitchen, and everything else about this house. And I thought the kitchen in my apartment was awesome (minus the terrible ventilation).
7) Where did the freaking maggots come from!?
8) ABRAKADABRA I AM A BAT!
9) Okay, that does it. This boy is definitely
10) No worries on confusing Elbie for Alicia. Glasses'd characters are common enough, and bats aren't that
uncommon. Plus, Elbie doesn't look like a bloodsucker from Lost Boys.
11) See? Totally hallucinating. Ignore the Or Is It
Also, to Reecer 6: I thought it was fairly obvious that the bit about the babysitter being a vampire was the (possible) fever-dream part. Everything from the maggots to when he blacked out. Nothing from before that was a dream.
Just to clarify.
. . . And I'll just stick Session 5 here as well so I can get these thoughts out of the way.
1) The plumbers are on strike and you don't know what's wrong with the water... Kid, were you dropped when you were younger?
2) . . . Why haven't they kicked Tiffany out of the house yet? That level of stupid is beyond belief.
3) When someone offers you a job and says they'll pay you "obscene amounts of money," politely decline and run the fuck away.
4) But this English is different! It's English in a Japanese accent! That makes it Japanese! *starts gagging*
5) *sounds of wood striking bone*
6) Why was the grandpa carrying generic ninja equipment around
what the hell
7) They know of Penn and Teller. Given, this was a '90s game, but I'm glad to see references to them here and there — so few people around here know who the hell those two are. Too bad the writers didn't pick up anything from them via osmosis.
8) "How am I going to get home?" "Ninjas." I wish you were joking, but I can already tell you aren't.
9) Poor BlackWolfe
, expecting the designers of this game to have the forethought and design savvy to create two
images of any location in the game for a day/night transition. I mean, who would do that? It's not like there's games based on fantasy series by famous British-Australian authors
that do as much.
10) *watches little Willy get his ass beat once... twice... three times...* How on Earth were you supposed to know that that
was how to advance the plot and not get a Game Over?
11) Seriously, an LA gangs reference mixed with West Side Story?
12) I thought that thing was a nightstick, not a spanner. Guess I was wrong. And once again, juvenile delinquency saves the day!
13) . . . They're all
ninjas. They're... *sigh* I'm not even going to get into how nonsensical this is, but suffice to say I would have been fine if they'd actually dealt with this like actual ninjas.
14) . . . Did the family just teleport him overseas!? Where did they get the traditional Japanese house ensemble? and why is the dad still wearing his shoes indoors if they are!?
15) . . . I've got nothing. I'll wait 'til you next update.
Caught up now. Again, I hope the text dump isn't too much of an issue, I know it's probably overboard. I just tend towards running commentaries.
edited 12th Nov '10 4:24:14 PM by GoggleFox
Sakamoto demands an explanation for this shit.