2. Rock Band 2
3. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves tied with The Last of Us
4. Playstation All Stars Battle Royale note
5. Assassin's Creed II note tied with Folklore
edited 9th Dec '13 2:42:51 PM by Alucard
edited 22nd Nov '13 6:54:37 PM by Rotpar
- Killing a centaur for the first in God of War 3. Hell, watching the trailer for Go WIII.
- Dom's death scene played to the tune of MadWorld in Gears of War III.
- My friend going apeshit over No More Heroes, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, and LittleBigPlanet. He used to update me on Brawl with every announcement. I didn't think much of LBP, but he loved that game, and I'm a little fonder of it now. No More Heroes was a Crowning Moment of Funny in my gaming history.
- Playing Bioshock the moment my 360 red'ringed, and me, never taking it in to get repaired.
- Playing Metal Gear Solid 4 even though the whole plot was spoiled for me. Playing MGO even though the community was annoying.
- Playing Aliens Vs Predator on PS3 and playing as an Alien during the demo. Gnarly finishing moves.
- Getting punched out of a window by Pizza Batt Jr in No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle. Goddamn it.
- Super Smash Brothers Brawl.
- Playing a 4-player game of New Super Mario Bros. with my high school buds.
- Grabbing the shotgun in Gears and going absolutely nuts.
- The ending of inFamous
- Playing Disgaea 3 for the first time and learning about the level cap. o_o
- Wishing to god I had a PS3 so I could play MGS 4.
- Scoffing my impudent friends for arguing about Call of Duty and Battlefield when Kingdom Hearts, Little Big Planet, and DC Universe Online were clearly more original, superior games.
- Console war arguments
- Batman: Arkham Asylum. Stayed up all night and beat the game the next day. Funnest all-nighter I ever did.
- PlayStation Network getting hacked and me getting paranoid about putting my debit info there.
- The most authentic video game commercial I've ever seen.
- Saints Row: The Third and the Power Trailer.
- Bioshock Infinite and the bizarre ending.
- The Would You Kindly plot twist. YMMV.
- Getting to be a Big Daddy in Bioshock2.
- Still waiting on The Last Guardian.
- Finding out the identity of the Origami Killer in Heavy Rain. I mean, holy crap.
- Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer brought a tear to my eye.
- The first time I crashed my vehicle and went flying out the windshield of my car in Grand Theft Auto IV.
- Playing Modern Warfare 2 for the first time and finally gaining an interest in first person shooters.
- Sly Cooper 4 being announced.
- Peeking under Lightning's skirt in Final Fantasy XIII and discovering that some girls wore shorts under their skirts.
- FUS ROH DAH!
- The initial Grand Theft Auto IV trailer. Such a shift in tone for GTA.
- Watching Kung Lao saw someone in half for the very first time in MK 9.
- Being heavily dissappoined by the sequel to inFamous.
- Playing Demon's Souls for the first time and trying to fight a dragon early in the game.
- The return of Twisted Metal.
edited 22nd Nov '13 8:18:18 PM by FOFD
- Watching Sonic Generations chug on my glorious Intel HD Graphics 3000 integrated GPU at 640x400 and low settings
- Playing a bunch of strange little freeware indie games on my laptop
- Pirating Rayman Origins and its sequel
- Dropping my jaw at Metal Gear Rising and Black Ops 2's silky smooth framerate on console
- Thinking Nitronic Rush was the raddest game ever made
- Watching in disbelief as the Sonic Adventure 2 re-release exhibited frequent slowdown on a computer that really should have given it no trouble at all
- Playing various Humble Bundle games
- Never owning a seventh generation game console
edited 26th Nov '13 7:44:16 PM by lewattoo
edited 22nd Nov '13 8:59:24 PM by Thorn14
- I remember experiencing extreme levels of hype for the first Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Brawl in particular led to many fun months of speculation, which lives on today with the announcement of Sm4sh.
- Using the Virtual Console to discover games like Kid Icarus, Punch-Out!!, and Mega Man.
- My Wii had two big problems in its lifetime. One was near the end of 2008 when it would freeze up on the Wii Menu (going into maintenance mode sidestepped the problem). Turns out an automated email from something my aunt had subscribed to was so massive my Wii couldn't handle it. Luckily, it was fixed with a firmware update in the beginning of '09.
- I have fond memories of playing Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney inbetween classes in college.
- Playing Mortal Kombat 9 obsessively every day for almost four months. And once against my first girlfriend shortly after our breakup. Talk about Catharsis Factor!
- Spending the mornings before class in high school hanging out with my clique of nerds playing Mario Kart DS, forming friendships I still have. It was somewhat popular. We eventually had more players than the game could support!
- Dissidia Duodecim: Final Fantasy
- Batman: Arkham City
- Super Mario Galaxy 2
- Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
- Super Smash Bros Brawl
edited 25th Nov '13 8:50:53 PM by tsstevens
- Playing Burnout Revenge and Need For Speed: Most Wanted and thinking, aww yeah, welcome to next-gen.
- Seeing the rise of downloadable games, starting with Geometry Wars and ballooning from there.
- Seeing the rise of indie games, starting with Braid and Castle Crashers and ballooning from there.
- Playing Halo 3 and finishing the fight.
- Playing Call of Duty 4, and the intensity and dramatic-ness of the campaign, along with the coolness of multiplayer.
- Trading Pokemon in Diamond online and thinking, man, catching them all is so much more convenient now.
- All the times I played Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
- Playing Super Mario Galaxy and its sequel and thinking, man, they really outdid themselves.
- Playing The World Ends With You and experiencing its every twist and turn.
- Playing Tales of Vesperia and thinking, man, I missed out on this series.
- Playing Halo 3: ODST and liking its unique structure.
- Playing Halo: Reach and thinking, what a way to go, Bungie.
- Playing Gears of War, and enjoying the intense cover shooter mechanics.
- Playing the Ratchet & Clank Future games and still finding the series such a delight.
- Playing Uncharted 2 and being awed at the intense situations I was put in, and giving Naughty Dog massive respect.
- Playing Batman: Arkham Asylum and thinking it was the most awesome Batman game yet.
- All the times playing the Rock Band games. They had some of my favorite co-op moments.
- Playing BioShock and playing with all the weapons and powers, and being unsettled by the place.
- Playing Sonic Colors and thinking, you made it, Sonic. You finally freakin' made it.
- Rayman Legends being such a surprising delight to play.
- Learning that Criterion was taking the helm for some of the Need for Speed games, and proving their worth with Hot Pursuit 2010.
edited 8th Dec '13 3:30:14 PM by AzureSeas
You need to Get Known to get one of those.