Broken ways of using magic.:
- Fire magic : Control over flames, rock/sand(the logic here is that magma/lava is typically included with fire magic), heat over 0 degrees, oxygen(fire can't survive without it, also, you can only control the oxygen that is within 4 meters of whichever direction you're facing), smoke.
- Ice magic : Control over (existing)water of all classical states of matter, carbon dioxide(because dry ice), hydrogen(part of water), heat under 0 degrees, freezing things (even stuff that isn't supposed to, like fire...well, I think it isn't supposed to, anyway.)
- Storm magic : Control over lightning, wind, St. Elmo's light, can't really think of anything else associated with it not covered by the others(speaking of that, i'll welcome other suggestions related to whatever that can be used)
- Holy magic : Control over light(this includes lasers), fortune(think of blessings), wood(Jesus' cross was made of it), life(but only to a limited extent, and you can't revive humans or give actual birth to any lifeform, it's really more like "not dead-ness"), and whatever the heck that causes the holy hand grenade.
- Empty magic : This is stuff that is not associated with anything else. It can't really be generalized into control of certain things, so here's what you can do with it.
- Teleportation : Maximum range is 10 kilometers and specific physical targets are necessary. *
- Dispel : Cancelling the magic spells used by others. All this really does is that it deletes the spell being used at the moment, the caster of the spell cancelled can just use another one if they want to. It doesn't work on holy magic or empty magic.
- Time travel : Works only in specific locations constructed by the spell that creates them, and it takes 8 hours to happen. The caster cannot go into a time before he was created. The location once used will be destroyed, and the time traveler cannot interact with anything in the past (so its only real use is info-gathering or something)
- Magic reflection : Basically, you reflect spells that were used to attack you consciously. Each time you use it though, you'll take damage that's about equal to a dagger stabbing you. Where such damage will happen is random, it could be on your leg at one time, it could be on your head at the other.
- Amplification of emotions : It is only possible to use this on others. It isn't possible to lower the emotions, other than by eliminating the spell used altogether. Only specific emotions can be amplified and they can only be one at a time. Also, whatever emotion is being increased must have been felt by the target towards you, you cannot make someone who has never gotten angry at you angry, for example. The spell cannot last for longer than twenty minutes.
- Elimination of souls : Right after someone dies, you can kill their souls so that they cannot go to Heaven or Hell. You can also use this on ghosts. Anyone who does use it cannot enter the afterlife when they die. Some people subconsciously use this because they don't believe there is an afterlife, and anyone that happens to die near them are affected.
edited 5th Mar '11 7:57:06 PM by Edmania
- What do you need to do magic? Some sort of a natural resource? Magical energy of some sort? Physical strength?
- What does it cost? Lives? The user's sanity? The user's vitality, which would result in lots of Squishy Wizards?
- What happens if a user tries working with too much magic, or more than they can handle? Death? Internal bleeding? A Heroic RROD?
edited 5th Mar '11 8:40:09 PM by CrystalGlacia
edited 5th Mar '11 9:40:10 PM by Edmania
edited 7th Mar '11 5:08:32 PM by Edmania
edited 7th Mar '11 9:13:10 PM by Edmania
You need to Get Known to get one of those.