Tropers Online: 2,529
[ Login for more options ]
|These are what we call the 'YMMV items.' Things that some people find in this work. We call them 'your mileage might vary' because not everyone sees these things in the same way. This starts discussions in the trope lists, a thing we don't want. Please use the discussion page if you'd like to discuss any of these items.|
YMMV: Wayside School
- Genius Bonus: Wayside School is Falling Down states that Albert Einstein didn't wear socks with the implication that socks make you less smart. It seems like an example of the books' nonsensical humor but Einstein did prefer not to wear socks.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: What some readers said after reprints of the books received illustrations that looked more abstract than those used from the 1970s through the '90s.
- The Woobie: Miss Zarves in Gets a Little Stranger, in which she is upset over being unnoticed by the rest of the school despite loving her job and students.
- Allison definitely needed a hug when everyone stopped noticing her, until she got to the nineteenth story.
- Miss Nogard. Seeing as she gave up on all love and joy, can you blame her? In her introduction story, the way her heart was utterly shattered was outright tragic. She's more a victim if anything.