YMMV: VG Cats
- Crosses the Line Twice / Moral Event Horizon: The two possible Audience Reactions to this.
- Certainly the following comic was trying to hit the former reaction.
- Crossover Ship: here
- Discredited Meme: One Super Effective comic has a Bug Trainer giving a Gurren Lagann speech to his Beedrill...as Red, standing nearby, rolls his eyes in frustration.
- 8.8: Makes fun of in this "What A Deal".
- Fridge Logic / You Have to Burn the Web: Pointed out here.
Navi: I'm willing to blame the curse if you are.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- This comic◊ was posted back in 2002, guess who happened to appear in Super Smash Brothers Brawl?
- This 2008 strip suggests that among the characters left out of Brawl were Ness, Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff, and Mewtwo. ...any guesses as to how funny this is, class?
- This strip features Aeris and Leo giving some My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic toys paint jobs to become normal, white Celestia, Vinyl Scratch, and Derpy Hooves. All three of them are real MLP toys now.
- Compare this 2003 strip to this Chuggaconroy video.
- "It's over, Anakin! This high ground adds +5 to my agility!" Not quite as technical as Darths & Droids would later get...
- Ho Yay: As seen in Super Effective #37.
What do you say, Red? Just you and me... breeding. He means Pokemon breeding, of course.
- I Knew It: Predicts that portal turrets were originally used to ward off baby-snatchers as revealed in the gameinformer magazine, if you take that as canon.
- Jerkass Woobie: Leo. As much of a Jerk Ass as he can be, it's kinda hard not to pity him at times, especially with how Aeris sometimes treats him. Most of his "cruelty" is to fictional characters (such as the Sims example) and things like the baby worm tend to be in the context of strips portraying Leo and Aeris as specific fictional characters being parodied, rather than portraying them in the "usual" characterization.
- Squick: A lot of the comic is based on this.
- Seeing a disemboweled Winnie the Pooh asking Piglet to kill him will make you want to gouge your eyes out.
- (#265 A MAGICAL WONDERLAND) THIS STRIP.
- In #110 BUBBLEGUM Leo not only rips his own FUR off in an attempt to not suffocate, he then proceeds to CHEW that hairy glob of gum again. This must be why cats get hairballs so often.
- Tear Jerker: "Shiggy? ...Is that you?"
- "All right, son, Daddy has to go away for a while. You've got to be a brave boy now. Just close your eyes, son." "Dad-day NO!"
- "Conglaturation" has a tear-jerking moment in the last panel.
- The last panel of "I can't believe it's not Updated" [sic]" combines this with Nightmare Fuel (the spider-webs imply some And I Must Scream, doesn't it?)
- #258: "Waiting" is quite depressing.
- #347:"Tales of Ternaldo" is a relatable example for people who have had social issues and were never asked to join groups in school.