- Ear Worm:
- Heartwarming Moments: They gave the commencement address at their old high school (Harnett Central High School in Angier, North Carolina). While people would think that they would make a funny spectacle out of it (which they partly did), they also gave some pretty profound advice.
Rhett: Don't spend the next few years pursuing an education or a career in an area just to fulfill someone's expectations of you. Rather, figure out what you're good at and what you like to do, and if you can find a way to get paid to do that, do it.Link: Choose your friends wisely. The kind of friends you make in the next few years will determine more about the rest of your life than you can imagine. Seek out people who are going where you'd like to go in life, and join them.Rhett: And finally, pursue faith. Don't live your life without asking the question, "why am I here, and why am I here even asking that question?" For us, our faith has been the key piece in the puzzle of life, that when put into place, gives us purpose and meaning.
Link: We want to help you commemorate this moment in your lives with something memorable. Sure, you're going to walk across the stage and receive your diploma in a moment, but we want to give you something unique. Something that isn't happening at any other graduation ceremony today. Maybe never.Rhett: Maybe never again. When a new ship is launched, a bottle of champagne is broken on its bow. We thought about breaking bottles of champagne on all your heads, but this is a dry campus.Link: When a new building is opened, there's a ribbon-cutting ceremony. But we couldn't agree on what to cut.Rhett: And in olden times when they made an oath, they would sacrifice an animal. We actually got the goat approved, but we thought that would be a little extreme.Link: So we're going to commemorate this moment in your life... by busting a piñata.
- Of course, they find a way to make it humorous again:
- The "Official Apocalypse Video" is this when Rhett and Link Go Out with a Smile.
- The beginning of the Turkey Taste Test episode. A viewer asks how she can spend Thanksgiving with her family while she's out of the country. Rhett and Link use the internet to join their hands with the viewer and her relatives. Sure, it's a little strange but...wow!
- Hilarious in Hindsight: "Epic Rap Battle" was released in 2010. Almost a year and a half later, they appeared in Epic Rap Battles of History as the Wright brothers.
- Almost a year and a half LATER, they returned as Leonardo (da Vinci) and Donatello (di Niccolò di Betto Bardi).
- Memetic Mutation: "Nope! Chuck Testa!"
- Moment of Awesome: The Fast Food Folk Song. They sing their order into a Taco Bell drive-thru, and the cashier gets the whole thing right. Unrehearsed.
- Nightmare Fuel: CLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWN...SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARK!!!!!!!
- And, for some people, "Christmas Face". (Especially Grace Helbig's face. You must see it to believe it.)
- Link's reaction after eating a ghost pepper. As one YouTube commentator put it, it was like he became possessed.
- Link after he eats the printer ink. "WELCOME TO MY LITTLE LAIR IN THE WOODS"
- Observe how little by little, Rhett and Link's vacay becomes cray-cray.
- Older Than They Look: If they didn't mention that each of them is married and has kids, it would be easy to underestimate their age.
- Tear Jerker: "Our Official Apocalypse Video" is this, being basically a goodbye for anybody who views it at the apocalypse. It has Rhett and Link Go Out with a Smile.