YMMV: Resident Evil: Degeneration
- Acceptable Targets: The team has to rescue an overweight, white, balding, jerkass senator with questionable connections to big business. And he's innocent. Well, maybe not of the insider trading, but of the "releasing the T-virus" bit. He's still an Asshole Victim though.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: "Guilty", the ending theme by Anna Tsuchiya. Incidentally, she also did the ending theme for Resident Evil: Damnation.
- Die for Our Ship: Angela, who in addition to being The Scrappy gets flak from Leon/Claire shippers and Leon/Ada shippers.
- Damsel Scrappy: Angela. She even mentions an incident where she impulsively dove into a river to save a child, resulting in three of her teammates getting injured when they had to save her.
- Harsher in Hindsight: In this movie, Curtis briefly regains control of himself as a G monster because he did not want to hurt Angela. This apparently led to William Birkin unable to stop himself from killing his own wife and impregnating his only daughter with the G embryo because he wwas conscious the whole time and was unable to to do anything about it.
- Tear Jerker: When he has Angela cornered, a G-Virus infected Curtis sees a picture of the two of them that she dropped and regains his humanity long enough to tell Angela he doesn't want to hurt her and to run.
- The Scrappy: Senator Ron Davis is a most likely intentional example. A complete jerkass who only cares for himself, works for the morally dubious WilPharma, is a complete load, hates children and, most annoyingly of all, is completely innocent and survives the zombie outbreak. There's a reason why Claire slapping him is considered a Crowning Moment of Awesome.
- Take That, Scrappy!: His getting slapped. Also, it's implied at the end that he is killed off by Tricell for unknown reasons.
- Uncanny Valley