YMMV: Miss Congeniality
- Ear Worm: She's Beauty and she's Grace/ She's Miss United States...
- "One in A Million," by Bosson, used during the Statue of Liberty dance number counts as well.
- Genius Bonus: The title actually works on two levels: On the one hand, it's an ironic title to grant the harsh-tempered, argumentative tomboy Gracie, as congeniality can mean "Of a pleasant disposition; friendly and sociable." However, if one researches the criteria for the actual Miss Congeniality award, one discovers that Miss Congeniality "should pay more attention to others than to herself," which Gracie does, in the course of protecting the other contestants from the terrorist threat. "Help others avoid disaster." Gracie pulls through again, especially as she develops a protective instinct towards them. "Spend your time during the pageant making friends and getting to know people." Her superiors have her chat up the other contestants to root out any potential suspects among them, and she starts to genuinely make friends among them. The last criterion, "Be a weak contestant," works as well, as Gracie was never intended to win the crown, only to get into the top five.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Miss Texas mentions in a flirty way that she hopes next years host will be Ricky Martin.
- Hollywood Homely: Sandra Bullock makes a very unconvincing tomboy, though one could argue that that's the point; Gracie is still an attractive woman behind her gruff attitude. She is picked after all because they find she looks attractive in a swimsuit - the Girliness Upgrade is necessary for her to pass for a pageant contestant.