Trivia: Miss Congeniality
- Actor Allusion: Sandra Bullock and Benjamin Bratt both worked together in law enforcement in Demolition Man.
- The Cameo: The blonde woman who makes the announcements during the show commercial bumpers ("We'll be right back to find out who those lucky final five are!") that has nothing else to do with the plot? She is the actual holder of the trademarks of things related to "Miss United States," and her cameo was a "thank you" for allowing the movie to use the terms.
- Cast the Expert: Almost. Michael Caine's (Victor) wife is a former Miss World contestant, and she was able to teach him the actual tricks of the pageant trade.
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: The television control booth has a Canadian flag inside a red circle with a red slash through it. It could either be a reference to the pageants being actually American or the movie not using cheaper Canadian locations.
- Harpo Does Something Funny: The entire scene of Gracie coming home after work.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Winston Zeddemore is Gracie's boss, Detective Curtis is her partner/ love interest, Murphy Brown runs the pageant, Captain Kirk is the Emcee, and Alfred is Gracie's coach.
- Real Life Writes the Plot: A scene would have the FBI visiting the Miss New Jersey whose title is stripped, leading Gracie to take over. Given it was cut, the director compensated by casting the actress as Miss New York's lesbian girlfriend.
- Refitted For Sequel: The backstory about Gracie's mother being a cop who died on duty.