- Actor Allusion:
- Cargo Ship: Sarah and her pillow of face burial. Acknowledged by Pika herself here.
- Crossover Ship: in addition to the two older Crossoever Ships from Roommates (Norrington/Éponine) there's...
- Drinking Game: Here.
- Ho Yay:
Sarah: But I thought... him and the supervisor... I mean... isn't he gay?
- Az and Crowley. Lampshaded here and here.
- An allusion to the Roommates omake couple. Here.
- There's another one in "Javert Prefers Bordeaux".
Christine: I don't know, that whole plot arc just confused me. Was it in continuity or not?
- Les Yay: Sarah/Christine. Originally in an out-of-continuity outtake but got a Call Back later.
- Memetic Mutation: The Poultry Coup aka The Glorious Chikin Revolution! VIVA LA CLUCKIN' REVOLUCION!! (If you don't know what this is you obviously don't read this comic)
- More Popular Spin-off: of Roommates. Not that Roommates itself isn't popular, but a regular Roommates page gets around 100-150 individual comments, 6-7000 views and 350-400 favorites in about two weeks. GND tends to get 350-400, 15-20000 and 900-1000 respectively.
- One of Us: Pika is an avid Troper, as shown on many of her artist's comments.
- Ship Tease: Other than the more-or-less canon Jareth/Sarah, there's some vague, if consistent, Erik/Sarah floating around.
- Word of God: The Building's basement is a "convenient narrative BagOfHolding", and there are at least two Mad Scientist Laboratorys/Supervillain Lairs in there (Erik's and Frank-N-Furter's).
YMMV tropes concerning the YouTube voiceover.
- Base Breaker: A less extreme example is their voice-actor for Jareth, who gets intense fangirl squees (and occasional marriage offers) from a big part of the audience and a meh from the others (the most common criticism is that while his voice is sexy but his acting in the role sounds exactly the same in every situation, which is weird as his rendition of Darkness doesn't seem to suffer from this).
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Several fans (and the original author) love the voice-actress of Jadis more than any other.