YMMV: Dark Angel
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Ben/X5-493 only appeared in one episode, but proved popular with the fans. And with the writers, so that they decided to bring Jensen Ackles back as his clone, albeit with a very different personality.
- Fan-Preferred Couple: Max and Alec, despite the pseudoincestuous aspect noted on the main page.
- Ho Yay: Normal's "gladiator" dreams about Alec. Also a Crowning Moment of Funny.
- I Am Not Shazam: Occasionally one finds people on the internet who think Max goes by the name "Dark Angel". She doesn't. It's a reference to her dark past, dark complexion, angelic features, and job as a bike messenger.
- "Angel" because from the pilot onwards she becomes a (beautiful female) hero to the downtrodden, and "Dark" because she has bleak past as a government-engineered super-soldier/assassin, and a somewhat dubious present as a part-time cat burglar, and not of the Robin Hood variety.
- The angel - messenger connection is made explicit in "Art Attack" when she prevents a man from committing suicide and introduces herself as a messenger, which he thinks means "of the Lord".
- Just Here for Godzilla: Many people on forums confess to only watching for Jensen Ackles. Unfortunately, this usually means they watch only "Pollo Loco" and Season Two and thus don't appreciate that Season One is also good.
- Special Effects Failure: Gossamer. Dammit, the Dark Overlord from Howard the Duck looked better!
- The Woobie: Joshua. Between having to kill his deranged brother Isaac to protect Max and Ames White murdering his girlfriend Annie, it's a wonder he's still well-adjusted.