YMMV: Castlevania: Bloodlines
- Awesome Music: Michiru Yamane's first contribution to the Castlevania series, and not too bad either.
- Fan Nickname: John Morris and Eric Lecarde are "Whip Guy" and "Spear Dude", respectively.
- It's Short, so It Sucks : The game is only six stages long, which can seem like a step backwards from Super Castlevania IV and Rondo of Blood.
- Viewer Gender Confusion: Eric in the European and Japanese versions.
- Visual Effects of Awesome: The wizards at Konami made Sega Genesis do some things it couldn't do, mainly scaling and rotation. The game as a whole is even more impressive than what the SNES pulled off in Super Castlevania IV.