YMMV: Carly Rae Jepsen
- Actually Pretty Catchy: Much of Call Me Maybe's Memetic Mutation stemmed from people in disbelief over how much they don't hate the song as much as they felt they should have.
- Nearly all of the singles from Emotion also counts.
- Accidental Innuendo: "Curiosity" delivers the line "don't call me up just so I can please you".
- Crowning Music of Awesome: Could the entirety of Emotion count? "I Really Like You", "All That", "Run Away with Me", "Warm Blood", the list goes on and on. It's not called her Magnum Opus for nothing.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: "I'm pregnant." "Oooookay..." "Just kidding."
- Ear Worm:
- "Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy! But here's my number, so" AAARRRGGGHHH GET THE FRICK OUT OF MY HEAD
- "I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY LIKE YOU!"
- "Good Time" was intentionally made as such. We don't even have to try~! It's always a good time~!
- The surprise rave chorus in "Tonight I'm Getting Over You".
- "BABY. TAKE ME. TO THE. FEELING. I'LL BE YOUR SINNER IN SECRET. WHEN THE LIGHTS GO OUT. (RUN AWAY WITH ME! RUN AWAY WITH ME!)"
- Hilarious in Hindsight: "I'll trade my soul for a wish..."
- Magnum Opus: E•MO•TION is her most acclaimed album yet. It currently has a high 3.48 rating on the notoriously stuffy Rate Your Music, which is very good for a modern mainstream pop release. Likewise, the single "Run Away with Me" is impressively bolded, and for good reason!
- Memetic Mutation: Lampshaded:
"I don’t think I’ve seen all of [the parodies], but I’ve seen enough to be pretty blown away. I saw the Cookie Monster one the other day. Sesame Street, man. It doesn’t get any better than that!”
- The "I Really Like You" video, in which Tom Hanks lip-syncs the song.
- Older Than They Think: People who only know her from "Call Me Maybe" would be very surprised to learn that her first album (Tug of War) was released in 2008.
- Retroactive Recognition: After the success of "Call Me Maybe", some radio stations chose to ride on her newfound fame by playing "Tug of War". Cue people's jaws dropping when they recognize the song from a few years ago and realize, "Holy shit, that was Carly Rae Jepsen!?".
- Signature Song:
Hey, I just met youAnd this is crazyOF COURSE HER SIGNATURE SONGIs "Call Me Maybe"
- "I Really Like You" and "Run Away with Me" are also contenders, too.
- Surprisingly Improved Sequel: While Kiss is decent, it's pretty obvious the album was rushed to capitalize on the success of "Call Me Maybe". On E•MO•TION, there is much more detail to its songs and lack of any Album Filler, and the catchy numbers are even more catchier and awesome than before.