- Approval of God: Most notably "Share It Maybe":
"Sesame Street, man. It doesn’t get any better than that!”
- Big Name Fan: Justin Bieber said on his Twitter that "Call Me Maybe" was his favorite song. Of course, this is exactly what brought the song to attention in the first place.
- Breakthrough Hit: "Call Me Maybe" is this to international audiences. It was also her first really big hit in Canada as well.
- Colbert Bump: The odds of a third-place runner-up on American Idol going to #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 are small enough, while the odds of a third-place runner-up on Canadian Idol going to #1 in the States are next to nothing... but that's exactly what happened with her and "Call Me Maybe" after Justin Bieber praised the song on Twitter, putting in motion what later became a huge musical and memetic phenomenon. Still, no other Canadian Idol contestant has made any impact internationally.
- Hey, It's That Voice!:
- Josh Ramsay of Marianas Trench appears in "Sour Candy".
- Jepsen herself appears in Owl City's "Good Time".
- One-Hit Wonder: She is commonly called this; although she technically had two hits outside of Canada; the other hit, "Good Time," is a duet with Owl City, and it's he who gets first billing. "Call Me Maybe"'s view as a novelty song only makes things worse. She did attempt a Career Resurrection three years later with "I Really Like You", but it fell off before it could reach the Top 40.
- Similarly Named Works: Her 2008 album Tug of War should not be confused with Paul McCartney's 1982 album of the same name.