Wrestling: Yoshi Tatsu
Naofumi Yamamoto is a Japanese professional wrestler and boxer, better known under the ring name of Yoshi Tatsu. Yamamoto made his WWE debut in 2009 when he defeated Shelton Benjamin in a match on ECW. Since then, Tatsu has remained a lower-card face on WWE, but his career was never really able to take off.
Tropes associated with Yoshi Tatsu:
- Arch-Enemy: With Tyson Kidd on NXT.
- Demoted to Extra: On ECW he was a number one contender for the title. Once that show was over he became a jobber.
- Didn't See That Coming: After being released by WWE, Naofumi works the indies for a while and a report comes in he may head back to Japan, no big deal. The Big Deal comes when he appears at The Main Event of New Japan Pro Wrestling's King of Pro Wrestling event he appears out of nowhere and attacks Jeff Jarrett stopping him from interfering in the World Title Match.
- Gratuitous English: Goldust decided to try and teach him better English in exchange for Yoshi teaching him better Japanese.
- Shout-Out: Abraham Washington told him "Don't nobody understand the words that are coming out of your mouth man!"
- Japanese Politeness: Thank You!
- Keet: Until Tyson Kidd broke his action figure, making him pouty
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Him and Goldust.
- Made of Iron: The WWE came down on Goldust after The Pryme Players did a double team
- Mask of Power: Averted. He has changed his look◊...but he's still essentially a Jobber and a guy that only sees TV time when a match or promo (e.g. Lumberjack or locker-room-clearing brawl) calls for a lot of bodies.
- Power Stable: (as Naofumi Yamamoto in New Japan Pro Wrestling) Noke Kekki-gun, w/Shinsuke Nakamura and Ryuske Takaguchi.
- Skunk Stripe: a blonde one
- Squash Match: In his WWECW debut he beat Shelton Benjamin with one kick to the head.
- Stock Foreign Name: Well, Yoshi and Tatsu are alone, together not so much (it roughly translates to pretty dragon.)
- The WWECW fans would make signs playing with this name. The camera once zoomed in on a kid with a pretty good illustration of a Super Mario World joke.
- Tag Team: