(b. 1979) is a Ukrainian
martial artist, Professional Wrestler
and actor best known for his time in WWE
from 2006-2009 as Vladimir Kozlov
. After making some appearances in the crowd where he would be interviewed and finish by saying, "I love Double Double E," he was sent down to WWE's developmental programs at Deep South Wrestling and Ohio Valley Wrestling, where he would become a 1x OVW Heavyweight Champion
. He made his official WWE TV in-ring debut in 2008. He would feud with Triple H
, Jeff Hardy
, and JTG of Cryme Tyme. He is a 1x WWE Tag Team Champion
with Santino Marella
. He currently competes for the Inoki Genome Federation in Japan.
As usual, you can find the basics at The Other Wiki
- The Big Guy: As a Face.
- The Brute: As a Heel.
- Celebrity Resemblance: At Judgment Day 2009, Santino said that he looks like Sam the Eagle.
- Collegiate American Football: At Santa Barbara City College
- American Football: Well, it was in the Ukraine, but, he did play for the National Team.
- Department of Redundancy Department: "You are physically inferior, therefore you are weak!"
- Distracted by the Sexy: Once during a backstage skit. But then, it was Beth Phoenix, after all.
- Finishing Move: "The Iron Curtain," a leg-trap chokeslam into a spinebuster. As Alexander Kozlov in IGF, he uses a crossface he calls the "Kozlock."
- Foreign Wrestling Heel: From the Ukraine, billed from the Soviet Union, and used the hammer-and-sickle logo, even though the Soviet Union was dissolved at the end of 1991.
- Hard Head: He used a Battering Ram headbutt as one of his Finishing Moves.
- I Know Sambo: In 2005, he became the USA Open Heavyweight Sambo Champion. He also is a United States Kick-Boxing Association International Heavyweight Grappling Champion.
- Joisey: Discussed the trope for some cheap heat.
"Worst of all, you are from a state devoid of class or integrity. The single most depressing place on Earth, New Jersey. I cannot wait for my fellow Russian to buy your pathetic NBA franchise, The Nets, and move it out of this horrible state forever."
- Law of Chromatic Superiority: Wore a red Martial Arts Uniform.
- Mother Russia Makes You Strong/Husky Russkie: In Kayfabe, as he's actually Ukrainian.
- Power Stable:
- Put on a Bus: One of the victims of having his leg broken by Mark Henry after the latter took to the habit of folding people's ankles into chairs then body-splashing them. He never returned to TV after that and was released by the WWE not long afterward.
- The Quiet One: He didn't talk much at first, partially due to the fact that he wasn't easy to understand when he did talk.
- Red Baron: "The Moscow Mauler," "The Soviet Cyborg", "The Soviet War Machine"
- Squash Match: He's been on both ends of this. His first several wins on SmackDown! qualify, as they were often three minutes long or less. At IGF Genome17, September 3, 2011, however, Eric Hammer defeated him in a mere 2:44.
- Straight Man: To Santino.
- Those Two Guys: With Santino Marella.
- Unperson: Surprisingly averted. After his release, his name has been invoked a fair few times for a guy that (save for a lengthy and fairly entertaining Tag-Team reign with Santino Marella) was mainly a mid-carder, usually to put over Mark Henry.