open/close all folders
- 9 - Baelor: Robb Stark crosses the Twins with a marriage vow and captures Jaime Lannister at the Battle of the Whispering Wood. Ned Stark confesses to treason to save his daughters and prevent war, but Joffrey capriciously has him executed anyway. The stage is set for the saga of Westeros to come.
- 10 - Fire And Blood: Drogo dies, for the final time. Robb Stark is declared King in the North by his bannermen, and The War of Five Kings, the focal point of the next few seasons, begins. Sansa is imprisoned and still betrothed to Joffrey in King's Landing, and Arya escapes as an unknown runaway with a contingent bound for the Wall. In the final scene of the season, Daenerys burns Mirri Maaz Duur alive on her husband's funeral pyre and walks into it, hatching her three dragon eggs.
- 9 - Blackwater: Stannis's fleets and army faces off with the Lannisters at King's Landing. Wildfire wrecks the Baratheon ships, Tyrion is severely wounded (and scarred) by one of the Kingsguard, and a surprise cavalry rout by Tywin and Loras defeats Stannis.
- 10 - Valar Morghulis: Winterfell is burned down, forcing Bran, Rickon, Osha, Hodor, and the wolves to leave a dying Maester Luwin behind and venture north. Theon is betrayed by his own men and captured. Jon infiltrates the wildling army as a double agent when Qhorin Halfhand allows Snow to dispatch him in a mock-fight. Daenerys frees her dragons from the House of the Undying, burns Pyat Pree, and imprisons Xaro Xoan Daxos and Doreah inside Xaro's vault forever. Jaqen H'ghar changes his face in front of an astonished Arya. And to close the season, we get an army of wights led by mounted White Walker generals bearing down upon the Night's Watch at the Fist of the First Men.
- 9 - The Rains of Castamere: Bran learns how to warg into Summer, saving Jon from the wildlings, who turn on him. He leaves Ygritte behind. Daenerys concocts a successful plan to take Yunkai, which involves one of the biggest fight sequences of this season. And if that wasn't enough, Edmure Tully marries Roslin Frey at the Twins. But the truly shocking moment occurs during the last ten minutes, which many fans call "The Red Wedding": Talisa dies. Grey Wind dies. Robb Stark dies. Catelyn dies. The entire Northern army dies... yeah, it's a big episode. Big enough that there's actual news articles on fan reactions.
- 2 - The Lion and the Rose: The lethal marriage receptions continue, with King Joffrey choking to death at his wedding feast and Tyrion being immediately arrested as the unjustly accused prime suspect.
- 10 - The Children: Stannis Baratheon relieves the siege of the Wildlings at the Wall. Daenerys locks up her dragons after being confronted with the charred corpse of a child burnt by Drogon. Bran, Hodor, and Meera Reed meet the Three-Eyed Raven and discover that the Children of the Forest are not so mythical after all; Jojen Reed dies in an attack by wights. Jaime Lannister frees his brother Tyrion, who promptly pays his father a final visit where he finds his lover Shae in his bed. He kills her and then murders his father with a crossbow and flees King's Landing with Varys. Arya Stark and the Hound confront Brienne and Podrick. The Hound is badly wounded in the fight but Arya leaves him to die and walks away, finding safe passage on a ship to Braavos.
- 8 - Hardhome: Daenerys makes Tyrion her adviser and banishes Jorah once more, who willingly becomes a gladiator. Kevan Lannister is summoned as hand of the king while Cersei is mentally breaking. Ramsay plans to launch a surprise attack on Stannis with a small specialist team. Sansa learns that Bran and Rickon are still alive. In Hardhome, Tormund kills the Lord of Bones and Jon convinces plenty of wildlings to make an alliance, but the army of the dead attacks the camp and makes a massacre. Jon learns that Valyrian steel can withstand the ice weapons of the white walkers, and kills one of them with Longclaw. The Night's King appears leading the assault and stares at Jon as he flees to the ships, while the remaining wildlings are being killed, then, as a demonstration of power he resurrects the dead wildlings as wights before the survivors' eyes.
- 10 - Mother's Mercy: Following the death of her daughter, Selyse commits suicide by hanging. Stannis' sellswords desert him and join forces with the Boltons, who easily defeat his army. King Stannis himself is executed by Brienne of Tarth for the assassination of his brother Renly. Ellaria poisons Myrcella, who dies in Jaime's arms on the way to King's Landing after admitting she knows he's her father. Sansa and Theon escape from Winterfell after killing Myranda. Arya kills Ser Meryn Trant, and is blinded as punishment by the Faceless Man. Daenerys is captured by a Dothraki khalasar. Cersei is forced to march through King's Landing fully nude. The Night's Watch mutinies against a Lord Commander for the second time in the show, with a number of men lead by Ser Alliser Thorne murdering Jon Snow.
- 2 - Home: The Wildlings, with the help of Wun Wun, storm Castle Black and outnumber the Night's Watch; Thorne and his followers are put in the cells afterwards. Euron Greyjoy returns to Iron Islands, confronts Balon, and throws him off a bridge to his death. Lady Walda gives birth to a boy, prompting Ramsay to murder Roose Bolton, along with Walda and his baby brother. Ser Davos convinces Melisandre to try and bring Jon Snow back from the dead. She succeeds.
- 9 - Battle of the Bastards: Daenerys, with the help of her dragons and the Dothhraki, successfully saves Meereen from the Slave Masters. Yara and Theon reach Meereen before Euron and after some negotiations, Daenerys and Yara decide to support each other. Davos finds out about the circumstances of Shireen's death. Jon and Ramsay's armies confront each other, and Ramsay decides to let Rickon go solely so he can kill him from afar with an arrow. The titular battle commences afterwards and ends with Jon capturing Ramsay, Winterfell reclaimed by the Starks, and hundreds dead, Wun Wun and Smalljon Umber included. While in captivity, Ramsay is eaten alive by his own starved hounds after Sansa sets them free from their cages.
- 10 - The Winds of Winter: Cersei blows up the Sept of Baelor with wildfire during the Green Trial, killing Kevan, Lancel, Loras, Mace, Margaery, all the sparrows and most of the nobles in King's Landing. Pycelle is assassinated as well, leaving Qyburn as the sole surviving member of the Small Council. Tommen kills himself as the result of his mother's actions, which ensures the extinction of House Baratheon — after which Cersei has herself crowned Queen. Olenna, who wasn't in King's Landing at the time, allies with the Sand Snakes — who have allied with Daenerys via Varys — for revenge on Cersei. Daenerys dumps Daario, names Tyrion her Hand, and finally sets sail for Westeros with her full army to invade Westeros next season. Arya, having returned to Westeros, kills Walder Frey and his sons in vengeance of the Red Wedding. Bran discovers through warg flashback vision that Jon is actually the son of Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen and the nephew of Ned Stark. Meanwhile, Jon is declared the King in the North by the Northern lords. And, on another note, Winter finally arrives.
And now his page has ended.