Western Animation: The Incredible Crash Dummies
Featuring a cast of dummies. this CGI animation short was created as part of the Crash Dummies toy series, itself based on a popular campaign of Public Service Announcements.Set in a world of living crash dummies, an accident with a evil dummy head and a prototype torso means the heroes Slick and Spin have to face Junkman and his army of Junkbots.The video was only usually supplied with the toys but can be viewed on YouTube.See the video on YouTube here or in three parts
This show provides examples of:
- All-CGI Cartoon -notable for being one of the first of its kind.
- Bad Boss: Junkman regularly and without hesitation slaps around anyone he works with. Even his cat.
- Batman Gambit: Doctor Zub transfers the Torso 9000 blueprints into his own head, and then replaces the data on the disc with a beacon program. He proceeds to place the disc in an obvious place so the Junkbots would steal it.
- Cats Are Mean: Junkman's Hubcat
- Description Cut: During the rocketsled testSlick: Ted's really cooking now!Cut to Ted toasting a marshmallow on the rocket engineSpin: He makes it look like an art!''Cut to Ted painting a safety symbol on canvasDoctor Zub: I trust he's paying attention.Cut to Ted reading 'a farewell to arms'
- Evil Is Dumb: Junkman's henchmen - Piston Head, Jack Hammer, and Sideswipe. When they try to shoot Slick and Spin who are on the way to Junkman's hideout, they just end up shooting each other without Slick and Spin even noticing.
- Evil Laugh: Junkman's got this down pat, verging on Large Ham territory.
- Glowing Mechanical Eyes: Junkman, along with light up mouth.
- Good Is Dumb: Slick and Spin, but also most of the dummies.
- Impact Silhouette: How the heroes find out that the Torso 9000 did indeed just get up and walk away.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: The short is made of these.
- Losing Your Head: One character spends most of the short as just a head. Oddly Junkman seems dependent on his torso unit for power.
- Mad Scientist: Well, mad roboticist.
- Name's the Same: Sideswipe shares his name with a Transformer (several, actually).
- Pulling Themselves Together: The dummies.
- Robo Cam: Junkman's view of the world, including a things to do list with 'go out for lunch' and 'take over world' on it.
- Surrounded by Idiots: Junkman especially since the Junkbots were built from scrapped parts.
- Swiss Cheese Security: Despite numerous security doors, a short-sighted janitor can wander in and there are open windows.
- You Don't Look Like You: Although each character was recognizable for the most part. Sideswipe looks almost nothing like the action figure he was based upon.