Shuriken School is a Spanish/French cartoon, produced by Xilam (being one of its famous cartoons besides Space Goofs and Oggy and the Cockroaches) and Zinkia Entertainment (responsible for Pocoyo), and aired in the US in 2006 on Nickelodeon. It's about kids who attend a school to learn how to be ninjas. The show primarily follows the antics of Eizan Kaburagi, Jimmy B and Okuni Dohan. If you hardly heard of it, that's no surprise. Nick pulled the show six episodes in.
This show provides examples of:
- Armor-Piercing Slap: Ami delivers one to Daisuke in the opening sequence.
- Berserk Button: Do not EVER mess up anything Michiyo has been cleaning.
- As demonstrated in "The Big Illusion", the concept of being in love makes Okuni yell loud enough to make entire mountains tremble.
- Boarding School of Horrors: Both Shuriken and Katana, albeit in different ways. Shuriken's infrastructure is crumbling, and the school perpetually suffers from financial woes. Katana resembles a military school, complete with a scary headmaster who doles out borderline abusive punishments for menial failures.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience/Red Oni, Blue Oni: The uniforms of Katana and Shuriken School's.
- Elaborate University High: Both Shuriken and Katana house primary school children, yet both feature sprawling layouts. Shuriken School features a pond, and even a mountain.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Nobunaga in a wetsuit.
- Improbable Weapon User: Eizan wields a green ruler.
- Rival Dojos: Katana school vs Shuriken school.
- Sailor Fuku: Ami always wears one, though no one else ever does.
- Shout-Out: Plenty.
- Unwanted Assistance: Okuni is not too pleased with Eizan and Jimmy's "help" when she is being attacked by a dragon in "The Master of Darkness". Everytime they throw something at the dragon, it almost hits her. She even yells "Stop helping me!"