Shuriken School is a Spanish/French cartoon, produced by Xilam (Space Goofs, Oggy and the Cockroaches) and Zinkia Entertainment, and aired in the US in 2006 on Nickelodeon. It's about kids who attend a school to learn how to be ninjas. The show primarily follows the antics of Eizan Kaburagi, Jimmy B and Okuni Dohan. If you hardly heard of it, that's no surprise. Nick pulled the show six episodes in.
This show provides examples of:
- Armor-Piercing Slap: Ami delivers one to Daisuke in the opening sequence.
- Berserk Button: Do not EVER mess up anything Michiyo has been cleaning.
- As demonstrated in "The Big Illusion", the concept of being in love makes Okuni yell loud enough to make entire mountains tremble.
- Boarding School of Horrors: Both Shuriken and Katana, albeit in different ways. Shuriken's infrastructure is crumbling, and the school perpetually suffers from financial woes. Katana resembles a military school, complete with a scary headmaster who doles out borderline abusive punishments for menial failures.
- Charlie Adler: Vlad, Tetsuo, Principal of Shuriken, Principal of Katana and Michiyo the Cleaning Lady.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience / Red Oni, Blue Oni: The uniforms of Katana and Shuriken Schools.
- Elaborate University High: Both Shuriken and Katana house primary school children, yet both feature sprawling layouts. Shuriken School features a pond and even a mountain.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Nobunaga in a wetsuit.
- Improbable Weapon User: Eizan wields a green ruler.
- Rival Dojos: Katana school vs Shuriken school.
- Sailor Fuku: Ami always wears one, though no one else ever does.
- Shout-Out: Plenty
- Unwanted Assistance: Okuni is not to pleased with Eizan and Jimmy's "help" when she is being attacked by a dragon in "The Master of Darkness". Everytime they throw something at the dragon, it almost hits her. She even yells "Stop helping me!"