Western Animation: Logorama
Imagine a Product Placement film. As in, it's a film made up entirely of product placement.Logorama is a short French film released in 2009. Running 17 minutes long, the film takes place in a world where corporate logos make up the scenery, and mascots are the citizens. It won the Oscar for Best Animated Short at the 82nd Academy Awards.Compare to the feature-length Food Fight.
This short film displays examples of the following tropes:
- Astronomic Zoom: Inverted at the end, where following the city-wide Kill 'em All, the camera pans outwards at a great speed showing Earth, then zooming past other planets, ending with a zoom out from the Milky Way.
- Bond Gun Barrel: When Ronald kills a Michelin cop.
- Camp Gay: Mr. Clean
- Cel Shading
- Decoy Protagonist: The two Michelin Man cops appear to be being set up as the main characters, but Big Boy and Esso Girl have taken over by the end.
- Expy: Ronald McDonald acts as one for Heath Ledger's The Joker.
- Final Girl: Esso Girl.
- Kill 'em All: The entire population of Logo Island is killed in an earthquake/gigantic oil spill at the very end, except for Big Boy, Esso Girl and (thanks to The Stinger) Ronald.
- Massive Multiplayer Crossover: For advertising mascots.
- Monster Clown: Ronald McDonald
- Product Placement: All over the place.
- Shout-Out: Slurm was one of the choices at the fast food restaurant the Michelin cops were ordering take-out at.
- The Stinger: After the credits roll, a bald, cross-eyed Ronald with missing teeth appears out of nowhere.Ronald: Ehhahaha I'm lovin' it.