was an animated series that aired on MTV
. It followed the adventures of Mondo, a 16-year-old Jersey boy who has moved with his mom Babs to the California Beach Town of Playa Del Toro, Other characters include Woodie, Mondo's best friend, his crush Jeena, her eccentric flamboyant brother Wadska, Her Bullying boyfriend Turk, Woodie's Alpha Bitch
of a sister Milan, Sagely stoner Lonnie and Voneeta Teets, Mondo's obese Sex ed teacher.
The show was canceled by MTV in February 2012 for low ratings, possibly foreshadowing a re-cancellation of the revived Beavis And Butthead
Good Vibes tropes include:
- Actor Allusion: During the episode "Red Tuxedo", One of the characters states that Wadska's 'date' at the Prom, Mila Kunis, is "hotter than [his] date". Pan to a dejected Meg Griffin.
- Alpha Bitch: Milan.
- Ambiguously Gay: Wadska and in episode 3 Turks shows minor shades of this with his allusion to Brokeback Mountain and his suggestion that he and Mondo sleep next to each other for body warmth.
- Biggus Dickus: Woodie.
- Buxom Is Better: Babs and Milan.
- The Cameo: Virgil from Saving Virgil was seen as a plush on Mondo's window.
- Can't Hold His Liquor: Mondo is quite a mean drunk.
- Catch Phrase: "Balls!" for Mondo
- Chekhov's Gun: In "Floatopia", Babs pins a condom on the back of Mondo's shorts. Woodie later uses the safety pin to pop one of the floats in Floatopia, causing the whole thing to collapse.
- Country Matters: The joke behind the Kuntz sisters' last name. Mondo innocuously pronounces it "Koontz" when he meets them, and they promptly correct him.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: Woodie's Dad.
- Couch Gag: Different hallucinations happening to Mondo and Woody when they pass through the smoke cloud in the opening, From Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas to Finding Nemo.
- Cross-Dressing Voices: Danny McBride as Ms. Teets.
- A Date with Rosie Palms: Mondo's Good Angel in "Floatopia".
- Disappeared Dad: Mondo's, who literally had to disappear due to being a cleaner for the Mafia. A literal cleaner, by the way....he was their custodian.
- Disproportionate Retribution: A pair of cops planned on shooting Wadska for underage drinking.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Babs's rack puts all men in visual range into stupors (and makes women engage in lesbianism!)
- Everything's Even Worse with Sharks
- Fat and Skinny: Mondo and Woodie.
- Fat Idiot: Mondo.
- Fun T-Shirt: Wadska has a different one every episode each one of a different Meme, like Derp for example
- Gag Boobs: Milan.
- Gainaxing: Milan does this with the slightest movement.
- Genki Girl: Jeena.
- Good Angel, Bad Angel: Mondo has this happen when he sees a drunken Jeena in bed: The Devil tells him he's cleared for takeoff, while the Good Angel... starts masturbating. He ignores them both and takes her out of floatopia.
- And when Geena tells him how "vulnerable" she was, his Devil kicks him while his angel spits in his face
- Hello, Nurse!: Babs draws this reaction from people and inanimate objects alike in episode nine when she goes for a jog.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Olivia Thirlby, Danny McBride, Cree Summer, Kari Wahlgren, and Alan Tudyk.
- Hidden Depths: Wadska, as revealed in "Blowing Your Wadska": His extremely over the top activities when Mondo and Woodie sleep over are him trying to make the sleepover memorable and are based on the duo's favorite films (Avatar and Saw respectively), coming off a bit creepy by accident. Geena reveals later in the episode that Mondo and Woodie are the first friends Wadska's had.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: in "Virgin Hangover" Mondo and Woodie had sign Turk's name to the army and ended up join at the end.
- Impossible Hourglass Figure: At least a few, but Babs in particular.
- Jerkass: Turk.
- Little Black Dress: Babs. episode 4.
- Lonely Rich Kid: Woody before he became friends with Mondo.
- Loveable Sex Maniac: Both Mondo and Woodie qualify (they are teenage boys)
- Love Makes You Dumb: Jeena who can't seem to see how much of a self-absorbed Jerk Ass that Turk is.
- She finally dumps him in "The Red Tux" after realizing what a jerk he was in "The Grass is Always Greener".
- Morality Chain: Geena for Turk
- Ms. Fanservice: Babs, of course.
- Musical Episode: "Mondo Mia!"
- Out of Order: "Mondo Mia!" and "Virgin Hangover" both have elements (DeeDee being pregnant and Geena still being with Turk) that contridict "The Red Tux" (DeeDee giving birth and Geena dumping Turk), suggesting this might have happened.
- Overly Long Name: Wadska's full name is Winthrop Aguilera Wadska
- Raging Stiffie: Mondo got a boner after Lonnie gave him mouth-to-mouth. He denied that it had anything to do with him kissing Lonnie's tongue, he dreamt about Jeena.
- Rags to Riches: It's revealed in The Grass is Always Greener that happened Woodie's family.
- Really Gets Around: Babs.
- Rich Bitch: Milan.
- Sadist Teacher: Ms. Teets.
- Single-Minded Twins: HJ and BJ Kuntz, the members of Milan's Girl Posse
- Smarter Than You Look: Upon first glance of Babs and even hearing her voice, you'd figure she's basically an exaggerated version of the cliche Jersey housewife. Which she is, but she's actually quite intelligent and astute when it comes to people, and is extremely caring to boot.
- Spicy Latina: Possibly Babs, although she may just have a tan.
- Spoiled Brat: Woodie's family except to Woodie himself.
- Stacy's Mom: Woodie's lusting over Babs
- Stalker with a Crush: Ms. Teets seems to have some semblance of a crush on Babs and displays minor Yanderish tendencies towards her.
- Stupid Sexy Flanders: Wadska pulls this a few times with a cameraman covering the Floatopia party from a helicopter, wearing thongs to attract the attention.
- Take That: When Mondo watches a porno movie, he states that it's disgusting, has no plot, and is only going for shock value. Geena then replies that she paused the porno and that they're actually watching an episode of Family Guy.
- Teen Pregnancy: Dee
- Toilet Humour: Pee jokes were all over the place.
- Twin Threesome Fantasy: Woodie with HJ and BJ Kuntz in "The Red Tux".
- The Ugly Gal's Hot Son: Inverted with Mondo and his mom Babs.
- Wham Episode: "The Red Tux" Mondo and Geena get a Relationship Upgrade.
- Whole Plot Reference: "Mondo Mia!" and "Virgin Hangover" to Mamma Mia! and The Hangover respectively.
- Why Do You Keep Changing Jobs?: Babs had a lot of past jobs.
- Younger than They Look: Mondo (mainly due to his height)