Doctor Snuggles (1979) is an animated television series created by Jeffrey O'Kelly about a friendly and optimistic inventor named Doctor Snuggles, who has unusual adventures with his friends in a psychedelic world.Douglas Adams contributed a couple of episodes. The English-language version of the series featured Peter Ustinov in the title role.
Doctor Snuggles provides examples of:
- Deranged Animation: Talking trees are the least weird things you'll see.
- God Guise: Nobby once used super powers to impersonate an Egyptian god.
- Hong Kong Dub: Apparent in the English dub.
- Mars Needs Water: In "The Remarkable Fidgety River", a race of aliens are stealing cubes of water from the ocean and taking them to their home planet. It turns out to be subversion, however, as the aliens meant no harm — they thought the humans didn't want it because it had so much garbage in it. When Snuggles explains that the plants and animals on Earth need the water, the aliens promptly agree to give it back.
- The '70s: Easily able to tell from the soundtrack!