A Direct-to-Video Barbie movie of 2011, and the second movie in a second subseries (This one has to do with Fairies, not Flairies).It's the premiere of Barbie's latest movie, and she's attending with boyfriend Ken. While there, Ken's picture is taken by a scheming fairy named Crystal, who wants nothing more than to steal away Fairy Princess Graciela's boyfriend Zane. To this end, she uses a love potion to make Graciela smitten with Ken.The plan works, and Ken is suddenly carted away in broad daylight. Fortunately for Barbie, however, her two stylist friends (for when she's away from Teresa and Grace) are also fairies, who take her and Raquelle to the fairy city of Gloss Angeles to rescue Ken before he winds up trapped in the fairy world.
This movie contains examples of:
- Accidental Misnaming: Graciela just cannot remember Ken name despite its shortness and use hundred of others first name instead. Especially funny considering she wants to marry him.
- Art Evolution: Everybody from Fashion Fairytale got new, much prettier and HD-er models.
- Bag of Holding: Carrie’s (hand) bag carries everything from a baseball bat to false teeth to chef uniforms.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Graciella wants to marry Ken after she succumbs to Crystal's love potion, and won't stop no matter what.
- Brought Down to Normal: Graciella tells Barbie and Raquelle their wings will vanish when they go back to their home world, but will magically reappear when they come to Gloss Angeles again.
- Bullet Time: Ken does this to dodge magic bursts.
- Butt-Monkey: Ken continues the tradition...somewhat.
- Continuity Nod: Remember Lilliana Roxelle from A Fashion Fairytale? She's a fashion fairy.
- *Cough* Snark *Cough*: Raquelle calls Barbie a name dropper this way.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Ken. He's outfitted in too-tight armor and is given small, pink clip-on wings...and dodges Zane's magic in bullet time.
- Darker and Edgier: This time around, a kidnapping forms the basis of the plot. Also: Nary a Talking Animal in sight.
- Expy: Physically, at least. Crystal looks a lot like Selena Gomez.
- Would that then be No Celebrities Were Harmed?
- Extremely Short Timespan: The movie takes place over the course of three days, with a lot of the second day happening throughout the main story.
- Eye Color Change: The love potion causes Graciella's eyes to turn violet (they were originally blue), because the potion is red, the color of love.
- The Faceless: How Graciella is introduced, She is fully shown for the first time just before she kidnaps Ken.
- The Fair Folk: Played with. Graciella was brainwashed into kidnapping Ken, and Crystal brainwashed her because she wanted Zane to love her.
- Fairytale Wedding Dress: Graciela wears one for the attempted marriage to Ken, and the real marriage to Zane.
- Fangirl: Evil fangirl, Crystal for Zane.
- Happily Married: Rina and Granelin, owners of Wings & Things. Eventually Graciela and Zane.
- Idiosyncratic Wipes: Several transitions throughout the movie consist of a fairy silhouette on a rainbow backdrop, which irises in to the next scene.
- "I Know You're in There Somewhere" Fight: Barbie gives one to Graciella, reminding her she's under a love potion and is forced to marry Ken from it.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Graciella sends Barbie, Raquelle and Ken back home with no memories of the entire adventure, making them think it was all a dream so the fairy secret can be kept a secret.
- Love Potion: Graciela is tricked into drinking one, which makes her fall for Ken.
- Or Was It a Dream?: Because Raquelle is too excited to keep the fairy secret, Graciella throws magic dust over Barbie, Raquelle and Ken, causing them to wake up at home thinking it was all a dream. They awaken with just that, but Barbie and Raquelle are still friends.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Carrie's initial plan to get past the guards is a pair of sunglasses.
- Pegasus: With butterfly wings.
- Princesses Prefer Pink: Graciela does not only wear pink and have wings of that color, she is also a pinkhead.
- Princesses Rule: Graciela is called the fairy princess, but Carrie and Taylor once bring out she was always busy with royal duties; thus she is queen in any other aspect. Including her mean and obsessive behavior when under the influence of the Love Potion.
- Punny Name: Gloss Angeles. They'd be laughing too if they hadn't seen Ken get kidnapped.
- Purple Eyes: The love potion adds red, the color of love, to the eyes and it turns Graciela's blue eyes purple.
- Shout-Out: To The Matrix, during the duel. Ken dodges Zane's magic in bullet time.
- To Barbie Fairytopia Magic Of The Rainbow, Barbie's wings in both movies are almost identical.
- Status Quo Is God: The movie ends with Barbie and Raquelle friends, but their memories of the adventure in Gloss Angeles were wiped so they think it was all a dream.
- Transformation Sequence: Barbie and Raquelle get one when their forgiveness causes their fury sphere to make their fake wings real.
Forgiveness lets you fly.