Webcomic: Three Jaguars
Three Jaguars is a web comic on art, business and their mad intersection by M. C. A. Hogarth, a writer and artist. It would be slice-of-life except that the interior impulse are personified — so to speak — in the three anthromorphic jaguars: business manager, marketer, and artist.During its active runs, it updates Mondays, Wednesdays, and (if she gets enough tips) Fridays.Starts here.
- Allegorical Character: All three are in fact facets of an artist/writer's mind.
- All Is Well That Ends Well: Subverted, though Business Manager thought it true at first.
- Berserk Button: Coupons, for Marketer.
- Cooldown Hug: Marketer uses this on Business Manager and Artist.
- Genki Girl: The ever energetic Marketer
- Half-Dressed Cartoon Animal: Artist. Marketer is full clad, and Manager doesn't wear anything but fur.
- Heart Symbol: Marketer can radiate them.
- Kill It with Fire: How else to deal with a bad contract?
- Laugh Themselves Sick: Business Manager has this reaction to the article Artist found about a writer who didn't want to have to deal with the publishing side of things.
- Mental World: The setting, technically.
- Morton's Fork: Artist can imagine disaster both if the comic succeeds and if it fails.
- Must Have Caffeine: Even preparing for launch
- Once Upon a Time: How it begins.
- Panthera Awesome: The three jaguars
- Perpetual Poverty: Business Manager thinks Artist will doom them to this. At best.
- Personal Raincloud: Business Manager, after a bad contract.
- Petting Zoo People: The three jaguars are anthropomorphic.
- The Pollyanna: Marketer
- Rhetorical Question Blunder: Yes, they do know how long it takes to draw a comic.
- Starving Artist: Artist would be this if they let her get away with it.
- Visible Silence: When Business Managers surprises Artist with a comparison.
- Wall of Blather: Clipboard of marketing slogans.