A furry webcomic
drawn and written by Avencri
. It started being published in 2006 on a weekly basis (but the artist has run into some downtime here and there).
The story begins when Ronald receives a journal from his father. It narrates his research about The Eye of Ramalach, an artifact he searched for but was never able to find. This event sets a chain of events that start to change his boring life, for better or for worse.
The comic can be found on The Katbox
, along with Las Lindas, Caribbean Blue
and Running Wild
The comic provides examples of:
- Art Evolution: The change from page 1 to the current one very noticeable.
- Berserk Button: Never catch up with Pierre unless you want him to go psycho.
- BFG: Velia had a gun that was as long as her torso.
- Bilingual Bonus: Mayte speaks Arabic, Pierre speaks French, and Gretta speaks Spanish.
- The Casanova: Ben.
- Dope Slap: Ben delivers one of these to Ron off-panel after he completely ignores a girl hitting on him at a night club. Because he was reading. The girl he blew off makes another appearance later on. The picture can be seen on the author's dA account here.
- Durable Deathtrap: The bad guys work their way around several of these that were kind of cliché.
- Friends with Benefits: Ron and Alex.
- Furry Comic: Obviously!
- Gratuitous French: Pierre does this often, but his grammar is off.
- Halloween Cosplay: On October of 2009, all of the Katbox webcomics had a horror movie poster tribute; the Eye characters were dressed as characters from Shaun Of The Dead.
- Heroes Want Redheads: Ron has the hots for Marianne.
- Improbable Weapon User: To prevent Ron from getting to The Eye frist, Pierre threw both of his shoes at him. It's super effective.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Ben actually cares for Ron, even if at times it is hard to realize it.
- MacGuffin: The Eye of Ramalach.
- Oh Crap: Ben almost blew his own face when playing with a gun. Also, when Wallace dies.
- Older Than They Look: Queen Jane looks awfully young for having almost 70 years. Also O'Raelly, but that is due to the artist's lack of skill at the moment.
- Perky Goth: Alex seems to be one of these.
- Rated M for Manly: Wallace has the size and body hair to prove it.
- Schedule Slip: The author just keeps doing this. 2009 was particularly bad about it.
- More recently, the author has decided to completely restart the comic from the beginning for a number of reasons explained on the forum.
- 2010 saw only 2 updates, and one of them was a Halloween special with nothing to do with the plot.
- Shapeshifting: Mayte can switch from humanoid girl, to giant dragon and to something in the middle of both.
- Shout Out: Pierre has been shown to emulate Raphael from Soul Series.
- Slasher Smile: Pierre got one of these when things didn't go as his plan.
- Stripperiffic: Mayte's outfit is very revealing.
- The Gunslinger: Velia (being a wasp) wields 4 guns at the same time with good accuracy.
- Tearjerker: Wallace's death
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Gretta is stuck to the ground by Mayte's spit and unable to defend herself, so she calls out to Pierre to help her. He runs right past her and tells her to "get yourself out" because getting to The Eye before Ron is obviously more important than his own teammate's life.
- Wall of Text: Several of the earlier pages did it.
- White-Haired Pretty Boy: Pierre.