"But Death must claim us all."A webcomic by Jake Wyatt, Necropolis is still in its infancy stage, being only on page three of its prologue. From what has been revealed in preview pages, the comic will focus upon a young woman known only as the Third Sword.So far, our story consists of the tale of the Conqueror Queen and the Seer King who conquered the land of Hyberia and led it into a considerably long period of peace and prosperity. Though believing they can cheat Death, Death has other plans.The comic can be read at the creator's webpage here.
— Necropolis Prologue, page 2
This series provides examples of:
- Action Girlfriend: The Conqueror Queen to the Seer King.
- Awesome McCoolname: The Third Sword. The Conqueror Queen ain't bad either.
- Battle Couple: The Conqueror Queen and Seer King.
- Cute Bruiser: The Third Sword. Wears a skirt, has a pretty silk bow in her hair, fights undead creatures with no fear.
- Deal with the Devil: The Third Sword offers up "All she has" in return for the magic sword she takes her name from. She is under the impression that she has nothing left to lose.
- Dem Bones: Several of the dead things the Third Sword encounters. Some engulfed in a sort of spectral flame.
- Eldritch Abomination: Whatever the "horrors" are on the second preview page, they're most likely this. Yeesh.
- Fearless Undead: They see the Third Sword chop up their comrades and still go after her. Then after she's done wiping the floor with them tell her they'll get her later. Persistent little buggers.
- Feminist Fantasy: Looks to be headed in this direction.
- Flaming Skull: Actually, flaming entire skeletons!
- The Grim Reaper: Or at least a personification of Death. He ain't happy with the long lifespans of the Conquerors.
- Happily Married: One of the things the Seer King is mentioned as doing is "delighting his Queen." Not to mention the first page has her touching his arm fairly affectionately.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: The heroine ifs even called "the Third Sword!"
- Lady Legionnaire Wear: The Third Sword dresses something like this.
- Lady of War: The Third Sword and the Conqueror Queen. Both fairly feminine, both able to kick much ass.
- Non-Human Undead: Some of the creatures that the Third Sword fights definitely weren't all human.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: The Third Sword, the Conqueror Queen, and the Seer King. Though Word of God says the Third Sword has a real name that she doesn't give out often.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something]]: The Conqueror Queen and Seer King use their abilities to keep the land that they've claimed safe, well fed, educated, and they also build cities, roads, and aqueducts.
- Seers: The Seer King.
- Sword And Sorceror: The Conqueror Queen and Seer King.
- The Undead: They abound.
- Walking the Earth: What it appears the Third Sword will be doing.