A Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Striker S Fan Web Comic
done (initially) in the style of DM of the Rings
, although the gaming jokes are gradually phased out in favor of a general Affectionate Parody
of the series, particularly the main cast. Some familiarity with the source is necessary to get the best out of the comic, though.
Can be found here
Provides Examples Of:
- Bizarre and Improbable Ballistics: Teana's bullets.
GM: I don't think bullets work that way. In fact, I don't think physics works that way.
- Black Magic: Used by Hayate and Caro.
GM: Is there anyone on this show who doesn't draw upon cosmic horrors? Anyone?
- Calling Your Attacks: SUBARU FISTO!
- Completely Missing the Point: Subaru has problems with certain concepts.
- Deadpan Snarker: Teana.
- Death from Above: One of Subaru's called attacks (Goomba Stomp version).
- Double Entendre: Many, growing naturally from the series' Les Yay.
- Genre Savvy: The robot mooks in the simulation are aware that they have extremely low life expectancy.
- Hurricane of Puns: Here.
- Idiot Ball: The subject of a Reinforce Zwei image macro here.
- Image Macro: Sometimes included as extras after strips.
- Interactive Narrator
- Killer Rabbit: Friedrich.
- Leeroy Jenkins: Subaru.
- Ominous Latin Chanting: "One-Winged Angel" plays when Teana loads her "special bullets".
- Screw the Rules, I Have Plot!: Nanoha.
Teana: What the— Is she allowed to do that?
GM: Her name's in the title. She's allowed to do anything.
- Shout Out: To Slayers, Fallout, Final Fantasy VII, Portal, StarCraft, Dune, Command & Conquer, Spore, Chrono Trigger, 2001: A Space Odyssey, City of Heroes, and more...
- Spock Speak: Fate.
- There Is No Kill Like Overkill: Operation Stupendous Overkill: HUGE SUCCESS.
- Valley Girl: Shari.
- You Shall Not Pass: Attempted by one of the robot drones. It doesn't go well.