Legacy of Blaze is a Sonic the Hedgehog
by Some New Guy
Taking place two years after the events of Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)
, the story centers on Blaze the Cat, now with the spirit of destruction, Iblis, sealed within her. The story opens with Blaze (and Iblis) stuck in the alternate dimension she sealed herself in at the end of Silver's story in 2006
, but after a chain of events involving Eggman, Metal Sonic, Tikal and Chaos Control, she is back on Earth, only, thanks to the Reset Button Ending
, her time of 2206 no longer exists, so she's essentially a fish out of temporal water. However, her return has not gone unnoticed, as several dark factions have decided they could use the power of Iblis for themselves...
The comic is hosted on Drunk Duck
and Smackjeeves. Find it here
Tropes associated with this work:
- Action Girl: Blaze and Amy.
- The Alcoholic: Rumlord, natch.
- All There in the Manual: The author has several supplementary materials (mainly character bios and a short prequel) on his Deviant Art account.
- Antivillain: Hagane, full-stop.
- Ax-Crazy: Phalanx
- Bad Boss: Arma
- Berserk Button: Do not call Blaze a "kitten". Or call Iblis a Demon.
- Big Bad: Eggman and Metal Sonic for the prologue; Demon King Arma for season 1.
- Blood Knight: Hagane
- Catch Phrase: "Shut up Iblis!" for Blaze, and "Bite me." for Iblis.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Hagane vs Mecha Sonic #001.
- Deadpan Snarker: Iblis. Blaze and Sonic also do it from time to time.
- Dynamic Entry: Sonic's first appearence.
- Evil Chancellor: Arma was this before he seized power.
- Evil Overlord: Arma.
- Expy: Word of God has admitted that Blaze and Iblis' relationship was based heavily on the relationship between Revya and Gig, and that Hagane's character was, in part, based on Boomerang from Wild ARMs 1.
- Fish Out of Temporal Water: Blaze herself.
- Freak Out: Blaze, upon learning why her time doesn't exist anymore. Which leads to...
- Get a Hold of Yourself, Man!: Tikal snaps Blaze back to her senses with a well placed dose of water.
- I'm a Humanitarian: Phalanx is implied to eat the internal organs of his victims, sometimes while they're still alive.
- Jerk Ass: Iblis is a dick.
- Knight of Cerebus: Arma and Phalanx.
- Last of His Kind: Hagane.
- Loads and Loads of Characters
- Massive Multiplayer Crossover: So far there's Sonic the Hedgehog, Demon's Crest, and Hagane.
- The Mentor: Tikal and Chaos, kinda.
- Mysterious Watcher: The "Dark One".
- New Era Speech: Arma gives one in comic 100.
- Nightmare Sequence: right here.
- Our Demons Are Different
- Proud Warrior Race Guy: Hagane
- Psycho Supporter: Phalanx
- Schedule Slip: Not nearly as much as the authors other comic, but updates did begin to grow sparse near the end of 2010/early-mid 2011.
- The most recent update was in July 2011.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Metal Sonic after Hagane curb-stomps Mecha Sonic with just one sword slash. Given the context, this reaction is completely understandable.
- Sealed Inside a Person-Shaped Can: Blaze is Iblis' seal.
- Spoiler Opening: Among other things, the opening video shows that Mephiles and Black Doom will play a role in the plot.
- Starter Villain: Eggman and Metal Sonic.
- The Stoic: Shadow and Hagane.
- Take That: Most of chapter 2 is one long Take That against the plot of Sonic the Hedgehog (2006).
- Who Writes This Crap?!: Iblis itself is rather... dumbfounded by the description of what happened after Mephiles fused with its present-day self. It also mentions that it's not responsible for the whole "gets released if the host cries" thing.
- Third-Person Person: Most Crestborn demons refer to themselves as "it".
- Those Two Guys: Heavyheart and Rumlord.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Blaze still has her fear of heights, and Iblis isn't exactly fond of Chaos Control due to its role in his current situation.
- Wise Beyond Their Years: Cream.
- Worthy Opponent: Hagane. He goes to great lengths to avoid a fight with anyone he doesn't see as an equal, as seen in his interactions with Eggman's recon camp.
- You Are Number Six: The Eggpawns, Eggrobos and Mecha Sonic Units are all named by their serial numbers.