(full name Mega Man Zero: After Zero
) is a Mega Man fan-Sprite Comic
by Some New Guy
that utilizes the Zero
and Mega Man ZX
Taking place one year after the finale of Zero
, the story stars Elpizo, villain of Zero 2
, newly restored from a Cyber Elf to help fight off...Prometheus
?! It starts as a simple "fight the Evil Overlord
" plot, but as the story unfolds, it quickly becomes clear that there's more to this invasion then meets the eye. Who exactly is Prometheus? Why does he want to conquer the world? And why does he seem to fear Elpizo? These questions drive the plot, and its only the first season!
Be warned, this comic proudly makes the Mega Man canon its bitch
Due to a combination of issues, such as writer's block, lack of motivation, and a busy life schedule, the comic is currently on indefinite hiatus, though the author has not
forgotten it and hopes to pick it back up one day.Now has a budding character sheet!
A possible written reboot is currently in development, but nowhere near
even close to being ready.
This work contains examples of:
- Affably Evil: Ekrail
- Alas, Poor Villain: Staggroff
- Alternate Character Interpretation: Pretty much everyone. Elpizo is a kind, considerate man who tries to mask his immense guilt over his past crimes with a snarky facade, Prometheus is sane and a chessmaster, Vent and Aile are brooding and angsty and funloving and determined, respectively, Mantisk is a depraved chessmaster who methodically ruins his targets' lives before killing them purely for the lulz, Pandora is a noble woman who leads the remnants of the Pantheon Units against her misguided brother, and actually shows some semblance of emotions (though not much)...it'd be easier to list the characters that don't apply.
- Are We There Yet?: Fefnir asked this multiple times during the Guardians' trek to the New Hunter base, much to Harpuia's detriment.
- The Atoner: Elpizo and, to a slightly lesser extent, Harpuia.
- Ax-Crazy: Volteel, Volteel, Volteel.
- Back from the Brink: Its established that the Prometheum is winning the current war by a large margin, but Elpizo and co have been slowly turning the tide.
- Big Bad: Prometheus, currently.
- Big "NO!": Lev, after Staggroff dies.
- Blood Knight: Fefnir, of course.
- Cain and Abel: Prometheus and Pandora, oddly enough.
- Continuity Nod: Lots.
- Cool and Unusual Punishment: Prometheus threatens to turn any who displease him into a metool.
- Deadpan Snarker: Elpizo, Sparky, and Lev.
- Discontinuity Nod: "And that's why I don't like talking about the Seventh Maverick War."
- Even Evil Has Standards: Prometheus and Foxtar regularly reprimand Mantisk for his various atrocities. Makes you wonder why they even bother keeping him around.
- Evil Counterpart: Ekrail to Harpuia.
- Face Fault
- Four Bad Band: For season 1
- Five-Man Band
- Friendly Enemy: Ekrail
- Growing the Beard
- Half the Man He Used to Be: Volteel
- Hulk Speak: Staggroff when in battle mode.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Harpuia
- Loads and Loads of Characters
- Moral Event Horizon: Mantisk crosses it at least once in almost all of his appearances.
- Morality Pet: Alouette to Devilbat.
- Noble Demon: Prometheus, Foxtar and Ekrail.
- No Fourth Wall: The holiday filler segments.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Leviathan prefers to be called Lev.
- Pragmatic Adaptation
- Punctuated Pounding: STAY! AWAY! FROM! MY! FAMILY!
- The Rival: Omega to Elpizo.
- Schedule Slip: Hasn't updated in over two years.
- Ship Tease: Between Elpizo and Leviathan.
- Shout-Out: To Doctor McNinja, The Princess Bride, and some others.
- The Stoic: Pandora
- Stupid Evil: Volteel has slaughtered his own squadron several times simply because he wanted to kill something.
- Took a Level in Badass: The
Resistence New Hunter infantry are much more competent then they were in the games.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Elpizo and Harpuia.
- Worthy Opponent: Ekrail