"This is a webcomic."Extra Ordinary
The webcomic's "About" page.
tells the story of Li, a Chinese girl who lives in New Zeland with her boyfriend Jordan and her cat Shoelace.
That's pretty much it.
Everyday we get treated to Li's quirky habits and interactions with her cat and boyfriend, usually involving cats in some way.
It is pencil-drawn and very cute most of the time. Or always. It could be seen as a typical Slice of Life
4-panel comic, only sometimes it borders on the surreal
It can be read here.
It doesn't seem to have a definite updating schedule, but it's updated quite often.
This webcomic provides examples of:
- Alt Text: Lampshaded in the alt text here.
- Badass Beard: Jordan. Though he hides it in his face, apparently.
- Battle Couple: Li and Jordan in in strip 100.
- Cat Girl: Li is one in the very first comic, and she becomes one a few times afterwards.
- Cloud Cuckoo Land: The comic, by virtue of the author being a...
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Li. BIG TIME.
- Cute Kitten: Seems to be Li's life motto.
- Dull Surprise: Jordan does this from time to time.
- I Call It Vera: And I shall name her Sasha.
- Intellectual Animal: Shoelace shows some shades of this, partaking in such activities as reading, keeping score in a game of charades, and sandwich theft.
- Girlish Pigtails: In this strip, when Li is six.
- Not Quite Flight: Li levitates quite often.
- Only Sane Man: Jordan, most of the time.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Li wears a flower disguise to get out of chores. It doesn't work for Jordan, but it sure does for bees.
- Puppy-Dog Eyes: Li is quite fond of this.
- Precision F-Strike: HAPPY FUCKIN' VALENTINES
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: Shoelace.
- Running Gag: Li pasting eyebrows on Shoelace. Also, Space Shark.
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl
- Super-Deformed: Shoelace in this strip.
- Team Pet: Shoelace.
- Temporal Paradox: "Is it really worth breaking physics for a muffin?!"