Webcomic: Faulty Logic
Jalyss: Fox, where are your pants?Faulty Logic is a webcomic by Rae Bruner starring Fox the anthropomorphic Fox and Jalyss from planet Basti. There's very little, if any plot to speak of, being more of a gag-per-day comic which updates a lot less than once per day.
Fox: Where are YOUR pants?
Fox: Where are YOUR pants?
This webcomic provides examples of:
- Ambiguous Gender: Rae, the author. From the FAQ on his/her other webcomic, Dissonance;Q: Are you a boy or a girl?
- mtf transgender, according to their FurAffinity page
- Animorphism: Due to Eden's absence, Fox has to find himself a "temporary girlfriend". He doesn't have enough time to find a fox like himself, though, so he simply changes a random human girl into one.
- Art Evolution: Every once in a while. The banner on top of the page didn't evolve with the comic, though.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Name mentioned in Jalyss dislikes television
- Author Avatar: Fox and Jalyss are both this for Rae.
- Bare Your Midriff: Jalyss. Justified because she'd probably suffocate with her back covered in fabric.
- On the other hand, she can sit on a sofa just fine.
- Bizarre Alien Biology: Jalyss smells through her antennae and can breathe through apertures on her back, except when she wants to speak.
- Black Comedy: "I saw the first robin of spring today..."
- Bland-Name Product: Toys "R" Fun. They do sell Barbie, though.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Actually, Faulty Logic goes on the other side of the Fourth Wall.
- Chainsaw Good: For having Jalyss' DSL fixed.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Fox. While drawing. Leads to accidental Male Gaze.
- Filler Strips: Every once in a while.
- Frickin' Laser Beams: Of course, Fox has got nothing better to do with them than pranking cats.
- Furry Webcomic: Lampshaded. And, yes, played straight.
- Guest Strip: This one even came on April Fools' Day.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: Hard to beat this one. Not that Faulty Logic didn't try.
- Mitten Hands: From this strip on.
- Modesty Towel: Jalyss in this strip.
- Non Sequitur Thud: The bar fight guy.
- Nutty Squirrel: Kind of the universal evil in this webcomic.
- Orphaned Series: The last actual strip was posted on December 10, 2011. The author has moved on to Dissonance for now.
- Petting Zoo People
- The Prankster: Fox.
- Running Gag: The many time machines Fox builds in the future and uses to drop into the present time.
- Stable Time Loop: Fox built a time machine to go to the future and steal comic ideas from himself so he wouldn't have to think them up. Unfortunately, shortly after he gets back, a time-traveling Fox shows up and steals it.Fox: That's like the Eighth time that's happened!
- Temporal Paradox: Fox built a time machine to go back in time and prevent himself from building and misusing a time machine. He is stabbed with a screwdriver by his future self.
- Very Loosely Based on a True Story: Some of the strips are based on the author's own experiences. This ranges from when he/she nearly committed a massive faux pas, to blatant revenge fantasy.
- Vomit Indiscretion Shot: For example.