Web Video: The Film Renegado
The Film Renegado talks about films that have something to do with Mexico. Whether it be Mexican actors and directors, films shot in Mexico or Mexican culture, you can be sure he will cover it. He can be found here
Contains the following tropes
- Accent Relapse: He already has an accent, since English is his second language, but it sometimes get's REALLY thick, especially when he mispronounces words(for example, he pronounces "chemistry" as sheh-mees-tree and "available" as a-bah-ee-lah-ble). It's part of his charm, though.
- Affectionate Parody: Did an excellent parody of Sad Panda's Forget About It!
- Bilingual Bonus: LOADS! This is to be expected, as many of his movies are in Spanish, and he's constantly saying things in Spanish too.
- The plushie zombie in his Santo y Blue Demon Contras Los Monstruos review: "Aaaargh! I'm a Latino Zombie! You can't understand shit of what I say! Subscribe to my page! Blublublu!"
- The Cameo: Cameos pop up on his show, and he pops up on other people's shows!
- Caustic Critic: Averted; he's usually not as harsh as others, and makes it a point to lay out "The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly" about each movie at the end of the review.
- Edutainment: Renegado provides both entertainment and education about Mexican culture, customs, and history.
- Face-Heel Turn: When he attempted to band together with three other reviewers to take over Channel Awesome and That Guy with the Glasses.
- Gratuitous Spanish: Sprinkled into his reviews at random points.
- Hollywood Tone-Deaf: While practicing his mariachi singing in Two Careful Fellows.
- Hostile Show Takeover: Hosting an entire episode of CriticTV and having it in Spanish.
- Masked Luchador: Renegado is a fan of El Santo!
- Mayincatec: Though he thought Apocalypto was entertaining, he admits that it lost its goal about teaching about the Mayans and simply became Rambo IN MESOAMERICA!!
- Mexico: He provides lots of useful and interesting cultural notes on his home country.
- Promoted Fanboy: He was so excited to get hired to Channel Awesome. However, it turns out he actually failed to read the email closer, which actually read: "We're proud to welcome to your Channel. Awesome! Your very own crappy channel you had before."
- Running Gag: Everytime there's a really sad moment in a review. He shows a clip of a dancing taco to cheer himself up.
- Nice Hat: He wears a neat white fedora with a black band.
- Shout-Out: SPANISH, MOTHERFUCKER! DO YOU SPEAK IT?!
- Story Arc: He doesn't seem to have any particular story going on, however he's had a small storyline with his reviews of the Spy Kids trilogy.
- The Western: Renegado reviews several of them; they seem to be a favorite subject.
- Video Review Show