Web Video: Movie Dorkness
Sofie Liv Pedersen (Often known as 'The Dorky Dane,' 'Sensei Liv', or simply Sofie Liv) is a video and text reviewer for the Agony Booth and host of the show 'Movie Dorkness', (formerly the 'Red Suitcase Adventures' and currently 'The Positive Gamer Woman'). Known for her thick Danish accent, passion for the theater, and love of Doctor Who, Sherlock Holmes, and Studio Ghibli. She conducts her show with a laid-back air and enthusiasm for her work and the subjects she reviews.As of September 2014, Sofie has started a new segment on Indie Games called "The Positive Gamer Woman." This came about due to her new found interest in the Independent Games community (and Videogames in general), among other reasons.She can be found on Blip and The Agony Booth as well as on her Facebook page.Now accepting donations on PatreonCould use some Wiki Magic.
Movie Dorkness contains examples of:
- Adorkable: Goes without saying.
- The Artifact: The formerly titular 'Red Suitcase', so much so she re-branded the show as 'Movie Dorkness'
- Artifact Title: Now 'Movie Dorkness' seems to be going this route, too, with 'The Positive Gamer Woman' becoming the soul focus.
- Caustic Critic: Averted most of the time. She's actually one of the more positive critics around, unless the subject is REALLY bad. (I.E. Twilight)
- Concepts Are Cheap: Called out Man of Steel for its overuse of the word "hope."
- Cosplay: Has appeared as Wonder Woman, Black Canary, and Sophie from Howls Moving Castle on camera, and probably many more off camera.
- Cross Over: Many, the most notable being her membership with a pseudo-superhero reviewer team with The Film Renegado and Mr. Mendo known as the "Agony Anarchists", her team up with Linkara to look at the 1970s Wonder Woman pilot, and with Stuff You Like doing 'First-Person' reviews of many Holmes adaptations in-character with Sofie as Holmes and Sursum Ursa as Watson.
- Department of Redundancy Department: "Danish Dane from Denmark"
- Entertainingly Wrong: In her review of Twilight, Sofie Liv came to the conclusion that Mr. Mendo was a Care Bear. Which isn't that far off.
- Evil Twin: Subverted: Sofie just had PMS.
- Ms. Fanservice: The Cosplay. Holy Crap! The Cosplay!
- Funny Foreigner: Seen as this by many, mostly because of the accent, but, ultimately averts this.
- Gamer Girl: She has always played games (especially The Legend of Zelda and Professor Layton), But she seems to be slowly turning into a full-fledged gamer girl, as evidenced by the inception of "The Positive Gamer Woman" and her review of Ni no Kuni.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: She has owned about Eight cats in her life, the latest being two kittens named Belle and Luna.
- Living Toys: Her plushie of Mr. Drippy came to life during her review of Ni no Kuni, voiced by Welshy.
- Nice Hat / Scarf of Asskicking / Waistcoat of Style: Sofie used to wear a bowler hat, vest, and red, silk, scarf combo in her earlier videos, but has since dropped it for more casual attire.
- The Many Gory Deaths of You : Sofie's experience with Limbo, and she loves it to death.
- The Mentor: Sofie sees Hayao Miyazaki as her's, even referring to him as 'Sensei' on occasion.
- Proud to Be a Geek: There is a reason why the show is called "Movie Dorkness"
- Real Song Theme Tune: 'The Office' from the film Brazil, during the 'Red Suitcase' era.
- Rule 63: The Sherlock Holmes reviews.
- Self-Deprecation: Sofie's reaction to the developer of Limbo being Danish: "Well, that is just typical!" She even starts humming a tune about getting decapitated and using the corpses of children as stepping stones near the end.
- Take That: A review of Donnie Darko notes that Donnie's argument about Smurfette is very much like a Natter reply on TV Tropes.Mr. Mendo: (Regarding Twilight: Eclipse) Stephenie Meyer is a lonely, unfulfilled woman. I think we may have finally found the perfect girl for Christian ChandlerSofie: Oh, go read some Spider-Man comics, you big baby!
- Valley Girl: When Sofie reviewed the film of New Moon, a valley girl (played by Sofie in a long haired wig) appeared to challenge Sofie's negative review of the Twilight series.
- Who's on First? Parodied with Mr. Mendo and The Film Renegado .Sofie: I really can't recognize any of these people.Renegado: It's not that hard.Sofie: Look, all that I want to know is what is the name of the guy playing Captain America?Mendo: What's playing Spider-Man.Sofie: I'm not asking you who's playing Spider-Man.Renegado: That's the guy playing Captain America.Sofie: Who's playing Captain America?Renegado: Who is playing Santo.Sofie: I just want to know what's his name?Mendo: What is the name of the guy playing Spider-Man.Sofie: I'm still not asking you who's playing Spider-Man!Renegado: Who is playing Santo.Sofie: I don't know!Mendo: He's Captain America.Sofie: Who's Captain America?Renegado: Who's Santo.Sofie: I don't know!All Three: Captain America!
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: In her 'Top Ten Anime' video, she had a light blue wig and discussed the frequency of this in Anime.