Leo Thompson is That SciFi Guy, a producer on That Guy with the Glasses
and Space Monkey Mafia Studios who reviews SciFi
. His show can be found here
His Twitter account can be found here
- Brain Bleach: His reaction to seeing Will Smith's... "hancock" in Wild Wild West.
- Cameo: He has one in The Nostalgia Critic's review of Star Trek 3.
- And another in the Critic and Linkara's review of Star Trek 9.
- He appeared in a "Previously on Atop the Fourth Wall" section.
- And did this combined with Dead Star Walking in To Boldly Flee
- Going the other way, his ''Zombie Apocalypse" review had him being constantly interrupted by the various horror and b-movie reviewers who wanted to collaborate with him on the review/steal the review from him
- Captain Obvious: Dr. Wiki appears to explain various scifi terms that people may not understand well - and things that everyone understands perfectly, such as what a bicycle is.
- Collective Groan: When he reacts to a "frozen then crushed" death in Jason X with "Well, that was cold".
- Cross Over: He co-reviewed Titan A.E. with MarzGurl on the grounds that it was a sci-fi movie.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Description Cut: In Splice, he complains that using you own DNA in an hybrid is akin to a bad Insert Fic. Cue Bennett The Sage reading a fic-like diary of the scientist...
- Explosive Decompression: A slip-up on his part. In the Titan A.E. review, there is a scene where two characters are thrown into space, and manage to make it back into a ship, relatively unharmed. The characters in question exhale before leaving the ship.
- Due to the fan reaction, in his cross-over Total Recall (1990) review Sci-Fi, when asked, has to put up the disclaimer that the effects of Explosive Decompression have never been tested on humans and as such cannot comment.
- Foreshadowing: A "foreshadowing hammer" is used as a complaint on how Splice is unsubtle with it.
- Hilariousin Hindsight: He says in his GI Joe The Rise Of Cobra review that they should have brought in Roadblock as a character, and could have cast the Rock as someone... cue G.I. Joe: Retaliation.
- Hurricane of Puns: Frequently when The League of Inebriated Gentlemen meet, both intentional and unintentional.
- Hypocritical Humor: With lampshaping in the Superman Returns episode. Leo spends the episode showing off his Unlimited Wardrobe of Superman shirts. At a certain point he complains about the film's problems with inconsistency looking down at the shirt that kept changing...
- Never Trust a Trailer: He complains that Splice used only one out of context scene to imply it had many horror elements.
- Nice Guy: One of the few critics on That Guy With The Glasses not to play a total asshole.
- Non-Human Sidekick: Dr. Wiki, a personification of That Other Wiki which is voiced by various people including Linkara and Angry Joe.
- One of Us: One example: he uses a screenshot of the Black Dude Dies First page in the Final Fantasy The Spirits Within review.
- Running Gag:
- Samurai Ponytail: His hair.
- The Stinger: He always closes with a "Sci-Fi Clip" adequate to the reviewed movie.
- The Tape Knew You Would Say That: Ma-Ti comes back to life during the Final Fantasy The Spirits Within episode, only for the stinger to reveal it was all a pre-recorded message for anyone that would review the movie.